Contribute
Register

Won't boot after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
6.1 didnt work... my system is mad laggy. im installing MB 6.2 again with these settings.... I'm still doing all this via MOB hdmi to monitor. no gfx card Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 1.19.31 AM.png

any recommendations?:rolleyes::yawn:

Damn. Now I getting this. The crisis never ends... Time for bed. Help does anyone know how to save my current osx or how to start from scratch. I have all my files backed up. image.jpg

Till tomorrow....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.8 KB · Views: 87
Just partitioned the drive and doing a new install of mavericks. Want to go to bed.....

Damn. Now I getting this. The crisis never ends... Time for bed. Help does anyone know how to save my current osx or how to start from scratch. I have all my files backed up. View attachment 87770

Till tomorrow....
Ok it looks like you have the wrong audio kexts installed prolly chose the wrong one in multibeast if you can get it to boot up we can fix this the easy way so boot up with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 and if it boots up then journey to root/System/Library/Extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext and any HDAEnabler1.kext if present then download a program called kext wizard( a quick google will pull it up) and on the maintenance tab repair disk permissions and rebuild kext cache the reboot with fingers crossed if you cannot get it to boot let me know so I can give instructions on how to fix it from outside of the OS

Graphics card is out... updated mavericks and I updated multibeast. This all started after i did the multibeast update. I must have selected the wrong settings and thus have ended up with this conundrum of crap.

It will not boot up using the internal graphics and using those boot flags. here is the new error message:
View attachment 87757

I have let it sit for more than a few minutes and upon restart, this screen shows up again.

It seems easier if I just format and start from the beginning.
a fresh install is always an option I've done it many of times myself when frustrated although that is your choice to make it may be easier but you will more than likely still have some issues to work out since we are having a rough time getting it to boot up to the desktop I'd say go ahead and do what you feel is best and let me know if I can help in anyway possible you can do a reformat and fresh install using your unibeast USB drive

I'm stuck again. So everything seems to be fine after the new install, I ran MB and it looks to be okay. However when I plug my gfx card in it does this (used verbose mode and safe):
image.jpg
CP25, I would love your help one this one.(could you send me a private message) I'm sooo close... Or am I?

I'm stuck again. So everything seems to be fine after the new install, I ran MB and it looks to be okay. However when I plug my gfx card in it does this (used verbose mode and safe):
View attachment 87874
CP25, I would love your help one this one.(could you send me a private message) I'm sooo close... Or am I?
I can't do private message as this site is for everyone to be able to gain help from all posts its against the rules also but i may can help. With the graphics Card in try to boot with -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No IPGEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 and see if it will boot up if not same as usually post back with a quality screen shot of where the text stops

Thank you so much for your time and help CP25, it stopped again. image.jpg

Thank you so much for your time and help CP25, it stopped again. View attachment 87878
Please get me your exact graphics info like manufacturer and model just apple ati hd 5870 isn't good enough i need to get your device id for your specific card
Ill do some research and see what I can find out about your card and why its not working did it work in previous versions of os x
also do you have a bios setting that can choose between discrete graphics and onboard if so select the appropriate one
This graphics card should be working natively so I'm having trouble troubleshooting it so i need to know as much about your rig as possible so i can find out why its not working

sorry for the delayed response i had to pick my wife up from work

No worries, I installed a few other apps in the meantime. Yes the computer had been working fairly well(since mountain lion) until I did the "critical security update" saturday night.

image (3).jpgimage (2).jpg

Thanks again CP25... I'll be up for another hour or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back