Contribute
Register

[WIP] MSI Z77A-G43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you provide the link to your Intel card and kext?

Also the Voodosync kext for sleep would aslo be much appreciated.

Awesome build. :thumbup:

silkysmooth said:
Can you provide the link to your Intel card and kext?

Also the Voodosync kext for sleep would aslo be much appreciated.

Awesome build. :thumbup:

I've attached both kexts.

For the VoodooTSCSync.kext you have to edit the info.plist file inside and set "IOCPUNumber=" according to your number of cpu threads. You have to start counting at 0, so 7 would be 8 threads (Core i7). I have mine set to IOCPUNumber=7.
I would like to thank petitzhu again for giving me the tip with VoodooTSCSync.

The Intel82574L.kext has to be placed inside IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins.

The Intel card would be:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... I9301CTBLK

There is also a card from Rosewill available which uses the Marvell Yukon chipset (native OSX support without any edits) but it's only available in the US:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... l%20RC-401

Attachments

• Intel82574L.kext.zip
    98.8 KB · Views: 76
  • VoodooTSCSync.kext.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 90
Awesome, thanks! Really considering this motherboard for its looks and it's relatively easy installation process.

Can you provide Geekbench score? Also, how long does it take to boot up into osx with the Sandisk Extreme?

Thanks again.

silkysmooth said:
Awesome, thanks! Really considering this motherboard for its looks and it's relatively easy installation process.

Can you provide Geekbench score? Also, how long does it take to boot up into osx with the Sandisk Extreme?

Thanks again.

Here you go. This is on stock settings, no overclocking.

Geekbench.png

Boot up time is 25 seconds from pressing the power button to login screen. I have checked use kernel cache in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Attachments

• Geekbench.png
    Geekbench.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 250
Awesome. Do you plan on overclocking?

silkysmooth said:
Awesome. Do you plan on overclocking?

I already did some overclocking, this is my Geekbench @ 4.3 Ghz:

[email protected]

But I wouldn't recommend this board if you are planning to do serious overclocking, it's not meant for that. There is no possibility in the BIOS to set a fixed VCore, it's all fixed at auto mode and will adjust automatically according to your multiplicator. So you are not able to lower the voltage to save a bit more energy, but you are able to put voltage on top of what the board thinks your VCore should be.

I have to say that overclocking while maintaining SpeedStep is not working correctly with the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from MultiBeast, I'm only getting pstates of 16 or 43, but I suppose this is normal(?). It does work nicely when using a patched BIOS and vanilla AICPUPM.

Attachments

new bios rev 2.4, if have new dsdt please upload )

Guys i gave up. i couldnt get my lion unibeast thumb drive to the installer no matter what i did. Only once was i able to get to the apple logo and it froze up. Any pointers guys?

What are your specs?

My specs are

intel i5 3570k
msi z77a gd 43
onbaord graphics no graphic card
wd caviar blue 1tb hdd

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back