CPU
I7 4790K
Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I've been doing a lot of research lately trying to find a build that can be installed EASILY and run sierra.

After watching a youtube video the build I have gone with is:

Gigabyte Z97P-D3/Gigabyte H97N-WIFI/MSI Z97 PC Mate/GA Z97-D3H/
GA Z97M-D3H
i7 4770k
ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB

Fractal Design Define R4 Case
Corsair CP-9020097-UK VS550 PSU
Samsung 840 pro SSD

TP-Link WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless Adapter

Just some questions please someone could answer and I'll be on my way! Thanks

1. Do you think any of these motherboards will be easy for me to install sierra on, looking to do the unibeast and multibeast setup rather than doing work on the config.plist and using clover, which do you think will be best. If not please could you reccommend me a not too expensive alternative (ATX)

2. Will the wifi work ok with this build, don't really mind not having continuity.

3. Any improvements you reccommend?

I've been a bit crazy lately 24/7 reading and learning and think that it's time to give it a go, I'm so grateful for everybody here, real helpful community. Thanks for all the help so far...

Last edited:
Any of the boards would do, Gigabyte is usually the easiest to install on.
Yes, the WiFi should work.
If your wireless router is 802.11ac then suggest a WiFi card that is able to use the higher speed. See the Accessories section of the Buyer's Guide.

You'll probably find the most useful guides/User Builds for the GA-H97N, GA-Z97 or GA-Z97M since those three boards are more commonly used by members of this community. For a first desktop build, it helps a lot to have a detailed step by step guide for your specific hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back