Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Mac
  1. iMac
I was trying to update from Mountain Lion to Sierra. When I was trying to download Sierra from the App Store to create the boot USB, it wouldn't let me. So, I used these instructions to change the System Definitions to iMac14,2:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acpro3-1-macpro4-1-system-definitions.200868/

Now, my computer only boots in this Boot Manager screen :'(... Essentially, the system is trying to run Mountain Lion on a system defined as a higher OS/not compatible. How can I get the computer to boot, so I can change the System Definition back? I tried booting in safe mood with "-v", but no luck. I was able to get to the BIOS options and a screen that lets me choose which drive I want to boot on. None of them are working.

I thought I could boot from a USB if I used Unibeast on it... Not working.

Update:

Did not realize UniBeast will only run on Intel 64-bit systems... My office only has Mac computers, so maybe if I got Unibeast to create the bootable USB on another Intel computer, it would work?

IMG_3982.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated, so I can get back to work! Thank you!

Last edited:
@KaleeForsythe, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@KaleeForsythe, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).

Thanks for letting me know! I was able to get the following updated:

Mobo: GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: 306A9h
For Mac, I guessed iMac because that's the System Definition I installed with Multibeast before the computer stopped booting.

I'm unable to boot the computer to get the Graphics Card... I'm also unsure what "Mac" I'm on, is there somewhere in the BIOS I can find that? I'm at a previous employee's work station, I'll try to get that information from him.

I was able to get the following updated: CPU: 306A9h

If you look at the picture you posted you can see that you have a Intel Core i7-3770K CPU.

Unfortunately I've managed to do exactly the same thing, I cloned my drive with super duper and got both drives working though Chimera. I then used a newer multibeast to update the system version on my SSD copy - this installed clover and now neither drive will boot all the way through - the clover one throws a massive assortment of Kernrl panics depending on how I flag it and the chimera one only gets to the second or third line of the boot no matter what I do

I was trying to update from Mountain Lion to Sierra. When I was trying to download Sierra from the App Store to create the boot USB, it wouldn't let me. So, I used these instructions to change the System Definitions to iMac14,2:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...acpro3-1-macpro4-1-system-definitions.200868/

Now, my computer only boots in this Boot Manager screen :'(... Essentially, the system is trying to run Mountain Lion on a system defined as a higher OS/not compatible. How can I get the computer to boot, so I can change the System Definition back? I tried booting in safe mood with "-v", but no luck. I was able to get to the BIOS options and a screen that lets me choose which drive I want to boot on. None of them are working.

I thought I could boot from a USB if I used Unibeast on it... Not working.

Update:

Did not realize UniBeast will only run on Intel 64-bit systems... My office only has Mac computers, so maybe if I got Unibeast to create the bootable USB on another Intel computer, it would work?

View attachment 242269

Any help would be greatly appreciated, so I can get back to work! Thank you!

Using incorrect SMBIOS for your hardware. Use iMac 13,2 not iMac 14,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back