Register

Will dual booting harm my other os

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh have you tries both windows partions becuase it comes with two

AJH said:
Oh have you tries both windows partions becuase it comes with two

Yes, neither of them work.

On a separate note my Chimera bootloader flows off screen and isn't formatted correctly. Is there any way to fix this?

m_hatcher said:
I had the same issue. I had to keep hitting f8 (may be different for your MB) and then choose my drive with Win7 on it. The chimera bootloader refused to boot Win7 for me. After I got OSX up and running right then I just had to go into my BIOS and change the boot order of my drives so that Windows always booted with no problem or prompt and if I want to boot into OSX then I have to hit f8 and choose the correct drive. Hope that helps

I had already tried changing the boot order to load win 7 first but it still failed. I just re-installed windows 7 fresh (with all other drives disconnected just in case). It's working now so hopefully when I plug my OSX drive back in there won't be any problems.

bteot said:
m_hatcher said:
I had the same issue. I had to keep hitting f8 (may be different for your MB) and then choose my drive with Win7 on it. The chimera bootloader refused to boot Win7 for me. After I got OSX up and running right then I just had to go into my BIOS and change the boot order of my drives so that Windows always booted with no problem or prompt and if I want to boot into OSX then I have to hit f8 and choose the correct drive. Hope that helps

I had already tried changing the boot order to load win 7 first but it still failed. I just re-installed windows 7 fresh (with all other drives disconnected just in case). It's working now so hopefully when I plug my OSX drive back in there won't be any problems.

Tell me if you do get issus

After reinstalling windows I can now boot to either drive successfully! In the future, any time I do an install I'll be sure to remove all other HDD and SSD.

bteot said:
After reinstalling windows I can now boot to either drive successfully! In the future, any time I do an install I'll be sure to remove all other HDD and SSD.

Ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back