Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey I am looking to upgrade to a ssd as a system drive and have heard some great things about the Crucial m4. Does anyone know if it will work with my build with a ga-x58-ud3r?

I'm running a 64GB Crucial M4 in my rig that I built a month ago. The thing is fast!
As for TRIM support, I've read that because of the "garbage collection" that it does,
that you don't need to use the TRIM enabler on it.

thats great news. is there way to copy over just the osx and appilcations?

mo sizzle said:
thats great news. is there way to copy over just the osx and appilcations?
You could do a clean install on the new drive and then use MIgration assist to get your stuff on it. Or Carbon Copy (or any cloner) and just copy all of your stuff onto it.

If you get a smaller drive then all of your data then you can use Migration assistant for core stuff and then map out your User folder onto a larger drive as to not fill up your SSD.
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/09/mov ... ition.html

thanks for the advice. also took a look at your g5 mod and must say it looks amazing. how long did it take you to mod and design everything to fit inside the g5 chasis?

mo sizzle said:
thanks for the advice. also took a look at your g5 mod and must say it looks amazing. how long did it take you to mod and design everything to fit inside the g5 chasis?
Thank you very much!
It took about a month, I did it as I had money.
It's an awesome case and I am glad I did it. Was my first computer build ever :D

I'm using a Crucial M4 (128) on my Hackintosh (ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe) and it works a treat. :)

I've had big problems with Migration Assistant - I don't think it always plays nicely with Hackintoshes - so if it were me, I'd go down the Carbon Copy Cloner route. I've used it a lot and happily paid the donation (though it'll work if you don't pay.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back