Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning. Anybody knows if this wifi card works on Sonoma with itlwm kexts? Not thinking in Airdrop and other, only wifi.
It’s WiFi 6E Intel card AX210S PCIe by Ziyituod.

Or any model tried with success on Sonoma.

Thanks.

IMG_0369.jpeg.e8c9056f6d361c2edd03918b1ccbb0b2.jpeg

I'll tell you tomorrow if the Intel AX210 card works or not. Just bought one from Amazon UK only £19.19 with dual 10% discounts and Prime, should be delivered tomorrow.

I already have a PCIe adapter card that is reported to work with this M.2 Intel AX210 WiFi/BT card, that I have been messing about with trying out some Intel WiFi cards. Only real difference is mine doesn't have the fancy heat sink, colour of the PCI board is irrelevant.

514GDhgtfLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg My PCIe x1 WiFi/BT adapter card by 10Gtek

Adapter cost £12.59 with 10% discount and Prime.

I'm not sure the '210S' designation in the Ziytuod naming means anything to users. It think it is something the manufacturer added to differentiate its card from other similar items, with no real meaning behind the additional 'S'. I think the 6E WiFi/BT card used is the same Intel AX210 card as I purchased. We will see tomorrow.

@Edhawk
Thank you.
Yes, heat sink and colour are secondary, important part is the card. Yours is the same as the one that is placed inside the Ziyituod base.You are buying the 2 items separately but, if you are able to make it work on Sonoma, this will be a good notice.
Your card
your-card.jpg
Ziyituod card
ziyituod.jpg

Last edited:
@Edhawk
Is it easy to connect the 2 small cables from the antennas into the wifi card?

Yes very easy.

Simply line up the cable connector with the small connector on the card and press them together. Some find it easier to connect the cables before inserting the card in the PCIe adapter. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the male and female connectors to line up, as they are so small.

I've not found one I couldn't get to work, so far! Even when using cards and PCIe adapters that I later found out were defective.

I have been doing this with all my WiFi/BT cards, since I started using native Broadcom cards in PCIe adapters. I tend not to buy pre-build adapters with WiFi/BT cards, as it has been easier and cheaper to buy them as separate items. Native Apple Broadcom cards are cheap as are the PCIe adapters, pre-built PCIe WiFi/BT devices such as the Fenvi T919 are not.

As I already had the PCIe Adapter, buying a new one made no sense.

@Edhawk
Ok, waiting for your results. Good night.

@miliuco Sure, be in touch tomorrow after the WiFi card arrives.

Ok, Intel AX210NGW WiFi 6E card has arrived and been installed in my Haswell test setup. WiFi seems to work just fine.

Here are some screenshots showing the card details, ethernet and Wireless details. a speed test just using the WiFi.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 20.11.34.png Hackintool > PCIe tab - intel card highlighted

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 20.04.43.png Hackintool System > Peripherals tab

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 20.08.03.png System Settings > Network tab

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 20.09.14.png System Information > Network report - WiFi

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 20.09.47.png System Information > Wi-Fi report (wrong country code!)

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 20.07.41.png WiFi Speed test, not too shabby.

My Linsksys Velop router limits WiFi throughput to max of 600Mbps, so these results are OK for a first test with an Alpha kext.

So the Intel AX210NGW WiFi 6E card was added to in Sonoma 14.1, WiFi was enabled using Airportitlwm.kext (v2.3.0-Alpha Sonoma kext) from the page linked below.

Need to sort out the Bluetooth as that while shown isn't active, yet!

Bluetooth is working with the usual kexts.
  1. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  2. IntelBTPatcher.kext
  3. BlueToolFixup.kext
Turns out I had the 9-pin connector inserted the wrong way round!

Also fixed the country code issue by using itlwm_cc=GB

So the WiFi is no longer designated as DE (Germany).

Download speed increased by around 12%, upload speed decreased by around 15% on this test with the correct Country code in place.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 20.54.18.png

Download speed above is probably close to my router max on WiFi, taking in to account Overheads etc.

Upload speed is a little disappointing, considering the speed test below using Ethernet.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 21.04.20.png

Back