Contribute
Register

Wi-fi and bluetooth - In z790 AX boards (onboard wifi)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X
CPU
i5-12600KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Hello,

I work with video editing, and i am planing to change my workflow from windows to MacOS.

My old build was a x370 msi sli plus, with ryzen 1600x and a 1060 6gb with 16 ram.

I just bought an GYGABITE Z790 GAMING X AX, a 12600KF and a asrock AMD 6600, with a DRR5 32 gb ram, and i am planning to install an MacOs system for the first time.

Could someone give me tips, is it worhty to update to Ventura or Sonoma with this setup?

And there is a way to enable my internal onboard wifi/bluetooth onboard in my Hackintosh or only with my Wi-Fi 6E RTL8852CE with an KEXT or something?

Thanks and very happy to be aboard this community.

I just bought an GYGABITE Z790 GAMING X AX, a 12600KF and a asrock AMD 6600, with a DRR5 32 gb ram, and i am planning to install an MacOs system for the first time.

Could someone give me tips, is it worthy to update to Ventura or Sonoma with this setup?
If your editing software works fine on Ventura, start out with that.

CaseySJ's Golden build for Z690 is the place to start. It also has info about which Wifi/BT cards will work.

The Z790 chipset is not much different than Gigabyte Z690 so most info in that build will apply to you. Of course, the BIOS versions will be different so research into which is best for your specific Gigabyte board with macOS.

Thanks very much!

I will give look.

Back