Contribute
Register

WHY WHY WHY is this happening. Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97-D3H Rev 2.2
CPU
i7 4790k @ 4.6 Ghz
Graphics
MSI Gaming GTX 980 4GB (OC)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Before I begin let me start off by saying that yosemite is BS. I have done nearly 30 USB installs of Yosemite in the past 3 days and have recopied my data to my SSD 4 times now and then finding all my work POINTLESS because the OS fails at something.

Let me remind you that I had a fully functioning beautiful installation of OS X Yosemite earlier in the week which lasted 4 days until ONE DAY the damn mac app store decided to not work out of nowhere. So in fixing that, I destroyed my partition with a kernel panic.

BACK TO SQUARE ONE.

Now that my rage is partially over, lets begin.

GAH61m-DS2 (rev 2.2)
GTX 650 1024mb
8GB DDR3 Corsair
Core i5 2500k
ASUS n-13 Wireless USB adapter
120 GB SSD

Other specs:
Realtek ALC887 Codec for Audio
Realtek 8111F Ethernet Chip

Using Multibeast for installation of kexts and such.
Multibeast settings:

1. Install USB Network Driver from ASUS. Reboot
2. Open Multibeast for Mavericks: Install RTL81XXX Realtek Ethernet Driver. Reboot
3. Open Multibeast for MAVERICKS: Install Realtek>Without DSDT>ALC887/888B Current v100302, Install NullCPUPowerManagement, FakeSMC. Reboot
4. install Chimera V4, Basic Boot options, and Mac Pro 3,1 with Multicast 7 YOSEMITE.

Boom wow, done right? Seems like it. So i reboot once again and everything is fine. I install my apps and data to find out that when I reboot my PC, i get a black screen right after loading the OS. Right before the login menu the loading bar (bottom left) freezes and I am stuck. I reboot, same thing happens. THEN i get lucky and it lets me log in. This is all to blame for my ****ty audio driver. When my OS will freeze at black screen, my audio driver is NOT loaded because I can hear it.

Anyway guys and gals, i currently am typing from a yosemite build with no audio. Im tired and soon heading back to mavericks because this is absurd. No one has the same board as me (same revision) that can provide good info.

Feeling hopeless.

FAQ: Why am I using multibeast mavericks for my kexts? Because MB yosemite was causing issues so i went with my gut.

I appreciate all the help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply. I reviewed the link but I'm skeptical. See what I am confused by is that OS X Mavericks with my settings mentioned above was flawless. Only thing wrong was didn't fully shut down (fans still ran). Can anyone help? Thanks again

Maybe not the answer you're looking for but have you considered a USB audio device at all?

I managed to get the onboard audio working on my Hackintosh (Z77X UP5-TH) but it was so crackly and poppy that I bought a cheap USB device instead. A Behringer U-control UCA-222 just in case you're interested. There area some really cheap USB dongle type soundcards on ebay and the like but I wouldn't reccommend them. Get something with named brand at least.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've never had a problem with Audio since using a USB device plus it's one less thing to install... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back