Contribute
Register

Who has Green Jack Working on Gigabyte Z77X UD5H?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390-A Prime
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Gigabyte Z77X UD5H and have tried all sorts of kexts and multibeast configurations to get the green jack working and haven't had any success.

I keep reading people have had success and I am wondering if so, how and what method you used.

Thanks Miller Hammond.

I got the green audio jack working on my GA Z77X-UD5H. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how. I know I did it. Prior to installing the OS I flashed my BIOS to the latest release and installed the OS. I don't remember what options I used in multibeast and can't figure out how to find out which options I choose. I do remember there being an number of options related to the realtek audio chip on the motherboard and I remember choosing all that. Sorry I can't be more help. I can go post config files if someone can let me know which ones to post.

I have yet to install ML and am running Ubuntu 12.04 for the moment. The green jack doesn't work for me either, although when I plug in the earphones the speakers cut out. Also, I just saw that Gigabyte has released two new bios versions in the past two weeks, F13 and F14. I'm on F8.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4139#bios

My green jack works.

I didn't mess with any bios settings, but I did the install before multibeast 5 came out so...
Installed the following with the LION version of multibeast

Patched AppleHDA --> 898
nonDSDT AppleHDA ---> 898*

My green jack works.

I didn't mess with any bios settings, but I did the install before multibeast 5 came out so...
Installed the following with the LION version of multibeast

Patched AppleHDA --> 898
nonDSDT AppleHDA ---> 898*

Did you install them at the same time or separate, surely one would overwrite the other?

I am now on F14 bios.

Can people that has it working check their motherboard revisions, it's says Rev: 1.0 just above the VIA Firewire chip on the top left hand side if you look at this picture for comparison http://www.gigabyte.com/fileupload/product/2/4139/5765_big.jpg

If your board is anything but 1.0, please let us know, as this could be why the audio is working.

I just checked and my board is Rev 1.0.

I have 2 ud5h boards both rev. 1 both get sound out of the green plug. One bios f8 and the other f14 one did in multibeast the audio for without dsdt rebooted and then installed with dsdt then sound worked, the other installed both at the same time and sound was working almost perfectly, I get an ocasional pop from both. Not sure why others can't replicate this as it seemed simple other than the fact that it didn't seem to make sense.

Oh yeah 1 sandy bridge and 1 Ivy bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back