Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just out of curiosity, which P55 board are you using?
This might be a bit skewed towards Gigabyte, but from what I've seen in the forum, most people seem to be using Gigabyte boards.

Another reason for asking is so we know how we can improve things here. So please, do vote, as we're interested in knowing what hardware you're using.

Cheers

Re: WhichP55 board are you using?

P55A-UD4P, but kinda wish I had gone for the 6 :p

UD2! :mrgreen:

If I need USB 3.0, I'll get a PCI card- love the mATX form factor.

I have to agree about the UD2! I used to want a full ATX board until I realized I don't need all the extra PCIe slots and extra RAM slots. Why pay for stuff I'm not going to use?

What extra RAM slots? You got four, the P55 chipset doesn't support more (despite Gigabyte having a model with six, but that's a special case).

I have to many cards in my system to be able to use a mATX and same goes for the system I built for my mate. He's got a FireWire 800 card and an HDMI video capture card.

I got my "Windows compatible" bits in there and since that's still my main os... ;)

Well, I meant motherboards in general, not just the P55 models. :)

Other than music production and a website here or there, anything more than this would be overkill. It's like the SUV craze - many people buy them (in the USA at least), but most don't really need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back