Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
where is the "home folder" located in finder i get (under favourites) All my files, applications, desktop, documents, downloads, movies, music, pictures (under devices) My 1TB HDD my ssd that mountain lion is installed on does not come up at all.

Wild guess.
You are speaking in Windowtosh.
Windows can not see Mac format drives.
A Mac can see Windows drives.

Look for the folder named with your Username. It's in the Users folder from the root of your startup disk. You can drag it to the sidebar if it's not there already.

I am sorry...
I can laugh at myself on this one..
You were talking about sidebar.
I am so used to going to where I want on system I do not even think.
I thought you meant favorites like in windows.

Well at least you got good answers from two other sources..

Also in Finder Menu ... click on Computer... you can browse hard drive from there...
Your things are in Users under your directory name.

Also in Finder Menu ... click on Computer... you can browse hard drive from there...
Your things are in Users under your directory name.

I Cant browse hard drive that os is on and i cant get to users either. I kinda wish i had the initiative to take a picture of my finder, so you guys can see and compare whats missing. but im gonna load windows 7. so maybe some other time

Try using Spotlight. In the upper right corner is a magnifying glass icon. Click on that and type in your username to search for the home folder (named with your username). It should have a folder icon and, in the search, be labeled "[Username] – Users". [Username] will be your username, of course. Click on that and it should open the window for you in finder. If you don't find your Username search for the "Users" folder and open that.

Try using Spotlight. In the upper right corner is a magnifying glass icon. Click on that and type in your username to search for the home folder (named with your username). It should have a folder icon and, in the search, be labeled "[Username] – Users". [Username] will be your username, of course. Click on that and it should open the window for you in finder. If you don't find your Username search for the "Users" folder and open that.

i have a bunch of ssd's around and i get drunk lots so i have mountain lion on a few different ones. but i dont find these systems stable enough to edit or produce music so i usually use windows and dont really fool around with these anymore so i forget where i put what. anyway i thew in a diffrent ssd and i can find my user(the house icon) by just searching in finder. it doesnt work everytime i reload the operating system though lol guess i just got lucky that time. so problem is fixed/ not fixed. its so ****ed, everytime i install mountain lion something diffrent is not working properly wtf..?

Yeah, I had to go searching for my home folder after I built my Hackintosh (last week). I found it and dragged it into the sidebar in the finder window so I wouldn't have to look for it again. But that might not work if you are switching disks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back