Contribute
Register

When installing Ventura from USB on Sandy Bridge no OS disk recognized at first reboot

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z69X-UD3H-B3 - F12
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi I am trying a fresh installation of Ventura on my Sandy Bridge system...I did my bootable USB with Ventura and put inside the EFI folder in this post:

The installation process gone well untill first reboot: the OC boot menu does'nt appear but only the text "no os disk recognized" so I can't finish the installation

Someone can help me thanks?

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-20-150738.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • config.plist
    48.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi I am trying a fresh installation of Ventura on my Sandy Bridge system...I did my bootable USB with Ventura and put inside the EFI folder in this post:

The installation process gone well until first reboot: the OC boot menu doesn't appear but only the text "no os disk recognized" so I can't finish the installation

Someone can help me thanks?

What is the disk that you use to install MacOS Ventura? HDD or SSD? Is the disk recognized in the BIOS menu?

Hi
Now I solved the problem and have finished the installation. Ventura works but only with gpu acceleration disable....if I delete boot args for discrete gpu acceleration ....I followed these steps:

1. Place new serials in config.plist under PlatformInfo,Generic
2. Add boot arg: “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”in config.plist
3. Install Mac OSX Ventura on disk
4. When you boot in Ventura you must disable SIP in config.plist: csr-active-config= FF0F0000 than
restart
5. Run root patches via OCLP app(v.0.6.1) in Ventura
6. When it is finish remove boot arg “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”. Restart.

With "-amd_no_dgpu_accel" the system boots and works, I disabled SIP in recovery mode but Opencore Legacy Patcher doesn't work (tell me that SIP is still active), so if I delete "-amd_no_dgpu_accel" boot arg the system don't boot , it freezes befor apple logo....What can I do?
I have a Radeon RX 570 supporting Metal

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 2
Hi
Now I solved the problem and have finished the installation. Ventura works but only with gpu acceleration disable....if I delete boot args for discrete gpu acceleration ....I followed these steps:

1. Place new serials in config.plist under PlatformInfo,Generic
2. Add boot arg: “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”in config.plist
3. Install Mac OSX Ventura on disk
4. When you boot in Ventura you must disable SIP in config.plist: csr-active-config= FF0F0000 than
restart
5. Run root patches via OCLP app(v.0.6.1) in Ventura
6. When it is finish remove boot arg “-amd_no_dgpu_accel”. Restart.

With "-amd_no_dgpu_accel" the system boots and works, I disabled SIP in recovery mode but Opencore Legacy Patcher doesn't work (tell me that SIP is still active), so if I delete "-amd_no_dgpu_accel" boot arg the system don't boot , it freezes befor apple logo....What can I do?
I have a Radeon RX 570 supporting Metal
Ventura requires an Intel CPU with AVX2 to use supported AMD graphics cards. Your CPU does NOT support AVX2. Perhaps that is the reason for your problems.

I suggest falling back to Monterey with your Sandy Bridge system.

So Is the re no way tò installa ventura with acceleraton? With Open core Legacy patcher?

Back