Graphics
PNY Quadro FX 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For me the best Mac OS still Snow Leopard, i think it's perfect for professional users ( audio workstation, graphic workstation 2d/3d , video editing ecc.. ). Iìll change my hardware in the next months , surely i'll buy a micro ATX or mini ITX gigabyte motherboard ( 22nm cpu ready) but....i'll try to install on it again Snow leopard ( it work like a swiss clock)!
What's your favorite Mac OS ?

Yes, I think for me it is OS X Snow Leopard as well. It is the one that seems to run the smoothest so far since it has reached the end of it's software update with 10.6.8 with most of the kinks ironed out.

It also depends on how your system is built.

I've had all versions of OS X from Snow Leopard on up run extremely well on my ASUS 1156 build and not so much on my Gigabyte 1155 build.

hum...i'm thinking to buy exactly a gigabyte 1555 ...maybe a z68 micro atx form factor and use one of dsdt of the "resources"! :eek:
Let me know more !

Whatever is newest, of course.

That and Tiger.
I really love Tiger.

fwood said:
For me the best Mac OS still Snow Leopard, i think it's perfect for professional users ( audio workstation, graphic workstation 2d/3d , video editing ecc.. ). Iìll change my hardware in the next months , surely i'll buy a micro ATX or mini ITX gigabyte motherboard ( 22nm cpu ready) but....i'll try to install on it again Snow leopard ( it work like a swiss clock)!
What's your favorite Mac OS ?

Just curious, what makes you think Snow Leopard is more stable than Lion?

I haven't used Snow Leopard in almost a year now, so I can't even recall how it differed from Lion...other than that silly lack of resize handles anywhere on a GUI window. But that's just one of the few things I remember (or use) that differ from SL. What I am interested in though, is a comparison between the two (or earlier OS X versions) in actual operating stability.

TB

I am the same as BlueHornet in the fact that I've not used SL for a while now. My MBA will not run it so I use Lion and my hack is also Lion as once it was installed I never went back. There was no real need for me to go back to SL from Lion.

I am happy with Lion for what I do at the moment, which is essentially use it as a primary desktop for both work and play. I was never an advocate of Exposé or Spaces so the change to Mission Control never worried me, while I use applications full screen on the MBA I do not on the hack as it is dual screen.

The things I really do like about Lion are the gestures from the trackpad on the MBA and the magic trackpad on the hack. I've become accustomed to them now and they are a part of everyday life. I must admit I also use launchpad now too when I didn't bother at the start.

I've not had any stability issues with Lion that are a major cause of problems. Yes my wife's iMac will have a hissy fit over Safari every now and then but nothing that is unmanageable. It is no less stable than SL was on my hack and it has been that long since I used the UI that I couldn't honestly say SL was better or worse.

Snow Leopard on a P55 and z68 board felt like it was the most responsive and I had the least amount of trouble.

Well, I wouldn't use it as a daily driver in this day and age, but Mac OS 8 was pretty awesome.

system8.gif

Nanosaur Extreme, anyone? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back