Contribute
Register

What will Apple do with Macs and OS X in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be reality yet but 4k needs to start really heating up with displays. A new Mac Mini in Mac Pro fashion would be really slick to see.

I think there will be an iWatch. Cook announced new product categories! ;)

EDIT: And an iPad Pro with 12" should be possible too. And a very small Mac mini, and and...

EDIT2: Ops, hit the reply button instead of editing! Sorry!

One major headache with the previous Mac Pro was the size and weight as it was difficult to rack mount and weighed a ton! Now we have the new Mac Pro which is small in size but expensive.

I would like to see a more accessible Mac Pro (lower spec and cost) or a updated Mac Mini with a discreet GPU for people who need dual monitor capability for sub 4k video editing and live work.

theFrenchMan

Update: OWC confirms the new Mac Pro processor can be upgraded ... but can we downgrade the spec to make it a more accessible price?

http://blog.macsales.com/22188-owc-confirms-mac-pro-2013-processor-upgradeable

I don't think so. The retail cost of the Xeon (E5-1620 V2) is under 300 USD. Most of the cost (2,999)
is for the the graphics cards, the PCI-E SSD and the elegant AL cylinder case with internal PSU and
one fan. Plus if you think of the time and expense to research, design, build and then test the New Mac Pro. That's what you're paying a lot for not a 294 dollar cpu.

It is much cheaper to build your own CustoMac with a 4770K and your gfx card of choice. It won't
be as fast or quiet as a 2013 Mac Pro but will be easier on your pocketbook. :thumbup:

MacBook Air with retina display, iMacs with 4k displays, 4k Thunderbolt display, reintroduction of 2D Dock in OS X along with other UI changes inspired by iOS.

Here's what I know Apple won't do in 2014. Build something that looks like a Razer modular PC
that makes it easy to swap out internal components. Certainly makes the Mac Pro look incredibly
beautiful in comparison to this monstrosity.

[video=youtube_share;S1BZDqsxV3U]http://youtu.be/S1BZDqsxV3U[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back