Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys. Been fiddling around with various computers in my home while i wait for my htpc build. I failed to install SL on my IP35-E abit board (likely because of my gpu - HD3870).

Anyway, my current test setup (very similar to the lifehacker build):
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (found DSDT for my board on this forum)
Q9550
HD5770 (ASUS)
8Gb RAM

Installation was super painless. used unibeast to install, then downloaded all LION updates before doing anything else. it was all pretty much "OOB". Then I ran MultiBeast.

All i've tested so far is audio/internet and they seem to be working fine after running multibeast. I didnt do any extensive testing yet because I feel like I may need to reinstall and start over.

The problem is, my system is taking a looong time to load, dare I say that it is significantly slower then windows :crazy: there's almost TOO MANY choices in multibeast and I have no idea what I need, whats required, whats optional, whats unnecessary. I'm thinking maybe I checked too many of the kext installers???

Post a picture of what ever you selected. And repair permissions and rebuild caches. CCleaner for mac is what I use.

I also have no idea on what to choose on multibeast, I tried to copy whats on the Unibeast lion install method but my audio isnt working and the 2 usb ports in the back of my Mobo only seem to work on the bios screen. My build includes GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, i5 2500k, HD 6850, heres a picture of what I checked off

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpg.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back