Contribute
Register

What order to upgrade with Snow Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I'm having a new build with a GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 and an i3-2105 with HD3000 integrated.

The question is, in what order should I upgrade? The retail DVD gives me 10.6.3,
- should I go to 10.6.6 then 10.6.7 then 10.6.8 and then Lion?
- Or should I install the 10.6.8 combo update right ahead and then worry for fixing any issues?
- if I need to take the steps 1-by-1, should I "fix" the OS each time I am upgrading?

The ultimate goal will be Lion, but for that I'll need 10.6.8 to work perfectly, don't I? :geek:

After you have gone to 10.6.3,

You should do this.
1) Run Update Helpder
2) Reboot
3) run 10.6.8 combo (Do Not Reboot) run Multibeast and select your components and finish installation.
4) Reboot

4b) Cloning it to a backup drive (optional - If possible clone your working 10.6.8 first before XMove.)

5) Then follow XMove and bring it to LION.

ijhu said:
After you have gone to 10.6.3,

You should do this.
1) Run Update Helpder
2) Reboot
3) run 10.6.8 combo (Do Not Reboot) run Multibeast and select your components and finish installation.
4) Reboot

4b) Cloning it to a backup drive (optional - If possible clone your working 10.6.8 first before XMove.)

5) Then follow XMove and bring it to LION.

thanks mate. however, after doing the 10.6.8 combo update and not restarting, Multibeast wouldn't run at all (installation failed), even if I just tick in UserDSDT and System Utilities. :(

should I be "stable" on 10.6.3 before going forward? I just installed using iboot + factory dvd, then rebooted using iBoot - this is where I started. installed UpdateHelper, reboot with iBoot, then 10.6.8 w/o restart, then MultiBeast failed.

can you spot the missing link?

when multibeast failed, did you try to relaunch it and finished the install?
you can force quit MULTIBEAST and complete the installation after combo 10.6.8.
What you can approach is install few feature at a time.

-Start with User DSDT + System Utilities
-Reboot
-Install other kexts for Audio/Ethernet
-Reboot
etc....

ijhu said:

-Reboot
-Reboot
etc....

i did try several relaunches of Multibeast, with the same results (install failed), even if I only installed the DSDT + SysUtils. :(

no wonder the system didn't boot afterwards :twisted:

multibeast failed on me two i just rebooted and ran again after the failure it the system tools that failed to install for me so the system was still bootable

user137 said:
ijhu said:

-Reboot
-Reboot
etc....

i did try several relaunches of Multibeast, with the same results (install failed), even if I only installed the DSDT + SysUtils. :(

no wonder the system didn't boot afterwards :twisted:

I booted again with iBoot (success!) then ran Multibeast again (success!), then I got a working 10.6.8 system with minor issues I could fix.

Now the question is if I can make HD3000 working in snow leopard and with what settings? The latest chimera installed but then the system never boots again, so I defaulted back to the Multibeast chimera 1.4.x.

Should I CCC and go to Lion with xMove now or can I make it work with 10.6.8 and hd3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back