Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was wondering if anyone had experience with CUDA encoding off the Nvidia GPU.

What apps use it to encode video?

Cheers,
K.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with CUDA encoding off the Nvidia GPU.

What apps use it to encode video?

Cheers,
K.

I would also like to know this.

I don't know, but I installed it.
I don't think I noticed much difference in handbrake.

I encoded a blu ray and it took a half hour or so.

I would also like to know this.

If you are a video editor or a Multimedia professional who use 3D MAX. MAYA. CAD. and Adobe projects or Game progaramer or a seroius gamer, all wants to use the Nvidia's parallel computing technology CUDA. It is not a graphic driver that offer resolution or booting enhancement. Almost all industrial leading graphic softwares mentioned above and more and Large bundles of plugins using creating stunning special effects in Cenema and gaming industry are used this technology widly. the main populer software bundle "Adobe" uses this CUDA technology to accelarate renderspeed on its time line condent whether it is HD or SD. In OSX Lion Apple give importence to ATI's Open CL power to their OS and FCP X but when they released Mountain Lion. there is a noticeble change to its GPU Support, they are again fall back to Nvidia GPU. No newer ATI 7xx card have native support in Mountain but allmost all new genaration Nvidia cards do. We can expect a big change in FCPX render engine in future, to give more support in Nvidia GPUs and even, sometimes, support to CUDA.
Please visit Nvidia's official site to know every thing about cuda

I got an ati 5750 and it's making me think to maybe switch to nvidia. It seems not too many apps use the ati equivalent to CUDA. I think it's called OpenCL but not too sure about that.

I got an ati 5750 and it's making me think to maybe switch to nvidia. It seems not too many apps use the ati equivalent to CUDA. I think it's called OpenCL but not too sure about that.

OpenCL is just apple's "openGL" It's just what the cards use to render, both AMD and Nvidia.

Does final cut 7 or x use cuda?

Does final cut 7 or x use cuda?
Not now Pro X is used open CL now to render time line
But i expressed my expectation here
In OSX Lion Apple give importence to ATI's Open CL power to their OS and FCP X but when they released Mountain Lion. there is a noticeble change to its GPU Support, they are again fall back to Nvidia GPU. No newer ATI 7xx card have native support in Mountain but allmost all new genaration Nvidia cards do. We can expect a big change in FCPX render engine in future, to give more support in Nvidia GPUs and even, sometimes, support to CUDA.

No news from apple about it , But basement of GPU power again back to Nvidia and intel HD 3xx, 4xx

Adobe® After Effects
Adobe® Premiere

I believe Adobe® Prelude use it too but not sure, never used it.

Hi!
What follows is probably not related to CUDA but may interest some of you. ;)
I've noticed indeed a change in ML towards SL on my iMac with a dead NVidia 8800GS (very common problem for those machines, that decided me for going the Hackintosh route...):
While SL starts even with a dead card — allowing you to access your data through your network —, ML doesn't and reboots endlessly! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back