Contribute
Register

wfj's 600T White Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/i7 2600K/GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.
wfj said:
lxlifestream said:
That sucks you have to apply a patch too, would be nice if it worked OOB or after that nvidia cuda driver. Because then when a new version of OSX comes out you have to wait.

And what happened to this build, you sell it?

Well considering you have to run multibeast anyway, I don't find the extra mouse click all that strenuous:)

I still have this build. Made it my main system...

Up above when i asked about your overclock you said you don't have this system anymore.
And i know, but i mean like you have to wait for a new release of multibeast before updating to new version tho for the patch.
And i'm hoping that mountain lion supports 580 oob, i'm thinking about getting a 580

lxlifestream said:
wfj said:
lxlifestream said:
That sucks you have to apply a patch too, would be nice if it worked OOB or after that nvidia cuda driver. Because then when a new version of OSX comes out you have to wait.

And what happened to this build, you sell it?

Well considering you have to run multibeast anyway, I don't find the extra mouse click all that strenuous:)

Up above when i asked about your overclock you said you don't have this system anymore.
And i know, but i mean like you have to wait for a new release of multibeast before updating to new version tho for the patch.
And i'm hoping that mountain lion supports 580 oob, i'm thinking about getting a 580

I had a second set of identical parts so I'm running the same config except for the case and cpu cooler. Technically, that exact build is gone:)

The kexts and enablers in multibeast are just assembled in one package for ease of use. They are all available as separate downloads from various sources so you don't exactly have to wait for new multibeast versions to be released.

This is true lol!
I think I'll wait till mountain lion comes out. I think I'm going to try and sell my rig, but build the same exact one. The only thing is I'm afraid to sell it because of my apple airport and Bluetooth module mods I have. I'm mainly just scared I won't find them again which isn't probably true. But they work perfect, would be tough giving them up :p

hey wfj,
just wanna say thanks again for sharing this build and answering my few questions!
i have my system up running and its amazing speed compared to my MBP :)

two more things:
did you update to 10.7.4?
which FW version is running on your mainboard?

cheers!!

back0 said:
hey wfj,
just wanna say thanks again for sharing this build and answering my few questions!
i have my system up running and its amazing speed compared to my MBP :)

two more things:
did you update to 10.7.4?
which FW version is running on your mainboard?

cheers!!

I haven't upgraded to 10.7.4 yet...been busy the past week. FW=firmware or firewire?

back0 said:
...which FW version is running on your mainboard?...
In this Forum, FW==Firewire and F/W or f/w == firmware. BTW, this is the same as in Industry, too.

Im using that case on my next build for sure! So pretty!

Just curious, wfj how quiet or loud on a scale of 1 to 10 was this build? 1 being the macbook air which my wife loves because its fanless.

wfj said:

sjsperry said:
Just curious, wfj how quiet or loud on a scale of 1 to 10 was this build? 1 being the macbook air which my wife loves because its fanless.

Personally, I'd call it a 5 but noise is definitely relative. Search the Corsair forums for comments about noise related to this chassis and see what you think.

Hi wfj's!!
:eek: Amazingly cool! Currently lurking, but when saw this post is like my finish rig look! I've already same graphite series white case , i'm very curious with firewire port in front of case panel, and you already done your rig, so is that firewire port fully working? If working, is delivered speed like firewire 800 or 400? Thanks before and sorry for my bad english ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back