Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Every so often when surfing the web, the whole system will freeze. I have to hold down the power button to shut down then reboot. Any ideas ?

GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i7-3770K
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD
SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD
Mac OS X 10.8

1. Try another browser, Chrome has built-in flash so try that. If Chrome doesn't freeze up, then update flash from Adobe.

2. You're on 10.8? Why not update to 10.8.2?

Sorry forgot the 2 lol..... 10.8.2

i flip flop between chrome and firefox ..... I think freezes occur in firefox

Sorry forgot the 2 lol..... 10.8.2

i flip flop between chrome and firefox ..... I think freezes occur in firefox

kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error

Open console and see if you see that error. If so, change to a different SMBIOS. Which one are you using?

I'm having NVDA Exceptions when using a 660ti and Aperture.

I'm using Sysdef Mac Pro 3,1. When I tried to change it to 5,1 Mac Pro in Multibeast, I bricked my whole system and got an irreversible kernel panic related to power management and I didn't even mess with that. How can one safely go about changing their Sysdef? I have the latest Multibeast and am on 10.8.2.

I'm having NVDA Exceptions when using a 660ti and Aperture.

I'm using Sysdef Mac Pro 3,1. When I tried to change it to 5,1 Mac Pro in Multibeast, I bricked my whole system and got an irreversible kernel panic related to power management and I didn't even mess with that. How can one safely go about changing their Sysdef? I have the latest Multibeast and am on 10.8.2.

If you use MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1 make sure you delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from System/Library/Extensions, or it will kernel panic like you said. I'm using MacPro5,1 with no issues after deleting that kext.

Got it. So would I just use a text editor to change the sysdef in the smbios?

Any reason to chose Mac Pro sysdef over iMac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back