1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It seems like lots of people are having this problem:

Lion goes to sleep just fine. Lion wakes back up but screen remains black.

It seems like this problem is happening independently of motherboard/graphics card types. I've been through dozens of threads about this but there is no fix... For most of us everything is great except for the baffling wake from sleep issue.

Has anyone fixed this problem and can anyone shed light on this topic?

Here's what my kernel says about it:

Nov 25 14:13:09 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: ? (Network)

Nov 26 16:47:12 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: UHC5
Nov 26 16:47:12 Monolith kernel[0]: The USB device USB/PS2 Wheel Mouse (Port 1 of Hub at 0x3a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Nov 26 17:37:36 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: ? (Network)

Nov 26 17:52:47 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: UHC6
Nov 26 17:52:47 Monolith kernel[0]: The USB device USB/PS2 Wheel Mouse (Port 2 of Hub at 0x5a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

The "Wake reason: ?" is caused by mouse and/or keyboard clicks.

No matter what I do the display does not come on. I can even ssh into the machine, verifying that it is indeed awake.

It seems like the graphics card is not being turned on...

Please help us.

Up please, got exactly the same problem :(

algorhythm said:
It seems like lots of people are having this problem:

Lion goes to sleep just fine. Lion wakes back up but screen remains black.

It seems like this problem is happening independently of motherboard/graphics card types. I've been through dozens of threads about this but there is no fix... For most of us everything is great except for the baffling wake from sleep issue.

Has anyone fixed this problem and can anyone shed light on this topic?

Here's what my kernel says about it:

Nov 25 14:13:09 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: ? (Network)

Nov 26 16:47:12 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: UHC5
Nov 26 16:47:12 Monolith kernel[0]: The USB device USB/PS2 Wheel Mouse (Port 1 of Hub at 0x3a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Nov 26 17:37:36 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: ? (Network)

Nov 26 17:52:47 Monolith kernel[0]: Wake reason: UHC6
Nov 26 17:52:47 Monolith kernel[0]: The USB device USB/PS2 Wheel Mouse (Port 2 of Hub at 0x5a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

The "Wake reason: ?" is caused by mouse and/or keyboard clicks.

No matter what I do the display does not come on. I can even ssh into the machine, verifying that it is indeed awake.

It seems like the graphics card is not being turned on...

Please help us.

- For dark screen use "darkwake=0" in your kernel flags. That should fix that.
- For USB freezing issues on wake use official realtek drivers if you have a Z68mobo/8111E Ethernet. Lnx2Mac drivers are causing USB hang on wake from sleep. He is working on fixing it though.

Ive tried both Darkwake=0 and Darkwake=1 without luck.

Usb works fine and brings the machine back to life but I only have blank screen.

I've also seen two different implementations of Darkwake

</key>Darkwake<key>
<string>o<string>

and

</key>kernelflags...
</string>darkwake=0 etc.etc.

Tried both, no luck. I just tried the hit the power button after wake to wake GPU but that hasnt worked either.

Any ideas?

it's not
</key>kernelflags<key>
</string>darkwake=0<string>

but
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>

You should use Plist edit pro to verify correct syntax ;)

I appreciate the reply and help. I did type and always check my syntax when actually editing...in fact I also tried chamelion wizard as well. I just typed the syntax from memory on this post.

Sorry for the confusion!

Kev

My card only wakes from sleep via DVI, HDMI wakes the computer but the display stays dark.

I read that Macbook Airs have a similar issue, which is solved by selecting the disk in System Preferences > Startup Disk.

So, when I go here, I select my startup disk (I don't have any other - I've deleted the Installer partition), and when I try to sleep - hey presto :clap: - it wakes up properly. But when I restart the system and go back into Startup Disk, it needs to be selected again manually.

Why won't it automatically select it, since I have only one disk to use?

Worse, the only way to reboot, if it fails to wake properly, is by disconnecting the power supply for a minute or so - furthermore this also resets the BIOS - having to re-enter ACHI mode & 64 bit options.

I have had trouble googling it, as startup disk is such a common term, and select startup disk brings up the wrong stuff.

I think this should be moved to the Lion forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back