Contribute
Register

Wake Reason: GLAN - Is this a DSDT issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Rev 1.0 Bios F8
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have posted elsewhere regarding this but getting no response so am trying here.

I have a H81M-DS2V, i5, El Capitan 10.11.4 build which works very well excepting sleep. It wakes instantly when it tries to sleep. Wake on Lan is off in Bios and Wake for network access is off in Energy Saver.
Clover version is r3424.

Wake Reason: GLAN from System log

I have removed my Apple Wireless Card and that does not address the issue. I have also disabled the LAN Controller in Bios but I still get a Wake Reason: GLAN

Is this a DSDT issue? or something that can be fixed by modifying a DSDT for this board?
Incidentally sleep worked on this board with the same Graphics card Nvidia GT740 with Yosemite.

Any advice gratefully received

I have posted elsewhere regarding this but getting no response so am trying here.

I have a H81M-DS2V, i5, El Capitan 10.11.4 build which works very well excepting sleep. It wakes instantly when it tries to sleep. Wake on Lan is off in Bios and Wake for network access is off in Energy Saver.
Clover version is r3424.

Wake Reason: GLAN from System log

I have removed my Apple Wireless Card and that does not address the issue. I have also disabled the LAN Controller in Bios but I still get a Wake Reason: GLAN

Is this a DSDT issue? or something that can be fixed by modifying a DSDT for this board?
Incidentally sleep worked on this board with the same Graphics card Nvidia GT740 with Yosemite.

Any advice gratefully received

Disable "Wake on LAN" if your BIOS has an option for it.

My bios which is the latest one for this board does not have an option to turn off Wale on Lan.

You will need to patch _PRW for the GLAN device in DSDT then (removing it, or changing it so it returns 0 for the sleep state [instead of 3 or 4]). Refer to the ACPI spec...

You will need to patch _PRW for the GLAN device in DSDT then (removing it, or changing it so it returns 0 for the sleep state [instead of 3 or 4]). Refer to the ACPI spec...

Many thanks - exactly the info I was looking for.

When you say refer to the ACPI spec do you mean that is what the recommendation you made is based on about either removing _PRW or changing it to return 0, or do you mean refer to the ACPI spec for further information which I will need.

If I need to read for further info do you mean the spec found at http://www.acpi.info/spec.htm

I have extracted my DSDT using F4 in Clover, decompiled using iasl and I see the following section for GLAN

Device (GLAN)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00190000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))

What do I need to set for Return instead of (0x0D, 0x04) in order for it to return 0? Is it (0x0D, 0x00)
or
Is there a patch available to do this I can just apply?

Can I use the DSDT then with no further edits? To the best of my knowledge this is the only issue I have been having.

To clarify I have seen the PJALM Patch for H81M-SP1 contains

# Fixes 'Built-in' status for Realtek Gigabit Ethernet
into method label _DSM parent_label GLAN remove_entry;
into device label GLAN insert begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x0C) {\n
"AAPL,slot-name", "Built In",\n
"name", "Realtek Ethernet Controller",\n
"model", "Realtek RTL8111F Gigabit Network Controller",\n
"device_type", Buffer (0x13) {"Ethernet Controller"},\n
"built-in", Buffer (One) {0x01},\n
"location", Buffer (0x02) {"1"}\n
}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end;

However this is not contained in the 8 Series Generic patch. I have H81M-DS2V

Can I simply remove the GLAN Device by deleting it from DSDT.dsl and then compiling or do I copy the above section from PJALM's patch into my DSDT.dsl? or is this a different patch?

Last edited:
Apologies I need to ask another question to clarify if all is OK with extracted DSDT even before editing to address this issue.

As a test I clicked on Compile of my unedited (decompiled with iasl) DSDT.dsl

the summary returned 2 syntax errors

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 12.10.38.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 12.12.53.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 12.09.56.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 12.09.56.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 542
I have extracted my DSDT using F4 in Clover, decompiled using iasl and I see the following section for GLAN

Device (GLAN)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00190000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))

What do I need to set for Return instead of (0x0D, 0x04) in order for it to return 0? Is it (0x0D, 0x00)
or
Is there a patch available to do this I can just apply?

Can I use the DSDT then with no further edits? To the best of my knowledge this is the only issue I have been having.

You can remove the _PRW entirely or have it return zero for the sleep state: GPRW(0x0D, 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back