i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to figure out how to set up wake on lan.

I'm running 10.11 with Clover. Sleep currently works just fine, and wakes with no problem when using the keyboard or mouse. My WIFI card is TP-LINK TL-WN881ND. Doing a little bit of searching, I'm not sure this card supports WOL, so I turned to ethernet. My motherboard is Z87-D3HP, and I use the kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext for the ethernet. I made sure WOL was enabled via BIOS.

One thing I noticed (and I'm not sure if this is abnormal or not), but when the computer is asleep, the ethernet (on the motherboard) turn off. Not quite sure if that matters or not.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Trying to figure out how to set up wake on lan.

I'm running 10.11 with Clover. Sleep currently works just fine, and wakes with no problem when using the keyboard or mouse. My WIFI card is TP-LINK TL-WN881ND. Doing a little bit of searching, I'm not sure this card supports WOL, so I turned to ethernet. My motherboard is Z87-D3HP, and I use the kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext for the ethernet. I made sure WOL was enabled via BIOS.

One thing I noticed (and I'm not sure if this is abnormal or not), but when the computer is asleep, the ethernet (on the motherboard) turn off. Not quite sure if that matters or not.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
First of all I can suggest to try the latest IntelMausiEthernet kext for the Lan:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/
Delete AppleIntelE1000e and install it.
Wake-on-Lan is a little tricky. Normally it is recommended to disable this feature in the Bios, because it prevents the sleep (you have instant wake when you try it). But if you don't experience this issue you can try to set Darkwake in config.plist. From what i've see 10 or 8 are the values that are working.
Not sure if it is relevant to enable "Network access" in "System Preferences / Energy", you have to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back