Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 5770
hey guys,

i can successful put the machine to sleep, but when i wake it from the keyboard, i can hear the computer booting up fine but nothing pops on the screen.

i don't get any kernel panics, keyboard is dead, monitor doesn't wake.

is this called a cmos reset? any clues on how to fix this?

many thanks.

I have the same problem. Sleep works, but i can't wake up my Hackintosh from sleep. The drives are spinning up but i only get a black screen. Before I applied the AppleRTC patch i always got a CMOS reset after wake up from sleep.

I had the same problem on MSI Z77A-G43 and it was USB related. This DSDT edit fixed it for me:

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
    Store (Package (0x09)
        {
            "AAPL,current-available", 
            0x0834, 
            "AAPL,current-extra", 
            0x0898, 
            "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 
            0x0640, 
            "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
            0x0834, 
            Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x00
            }
        }, Local0)
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
    Return (Local0)
}

Could be working for you or could not. I inserted this into devices EHC1, EHC2, XHC.

I have this fix already in my DSDT. So it doesn't work for me.

My Hack does something similar. Sleep works when I don't have DarkWake in my Chameleon file & to wake it up from sleep, I need to press a key / mouse twice.

I think what's happening is that one key press wakes into dark mode, and the second brings it to life fully!

I have a similar problem, but it only happens occasionally. I can sleep and wake the computer several times (I don't know, maybe 20 times) and all is fine, but eventually it just wakes into black screen. Everything spins up, but keyboard and mouse is dead. Also the external FireWire audio card I have doesn't get initialized fully. When this happens I can't even restart the computer with the reset button. I have to turn it off by keeping the power button pressed.

Really annoying since everything else works very well for me. Oh, except for the CMOS reset upon restart after putting the computer to sleep in OS X. I managed to fix it for some time (during 10.8.2 I think) but since 10.8.3 I haven't been able to fix that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back