Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys! I'm trying to get this to work on a Vivobook S500 CA. I tried following the steps given in this thread but I'm still stopped at the installer with a "Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused". Anyway, I'm stumped...Ideas?

View attachment 61112

I have a a thread for literally the same machine a few threads down...theres TONS of issues with this machine including breaking upon update..but I was able to at least install 10.8 with no issues at all ( I mean no issues installing/booting, there is actually no sound and wifi doesn't and will not work with the included card, audio does not work either and requires some serious work to get it do so apparantly)..did you make sure you selected Laptop support when making your unibeast usb key?

Yep, definitely made sure of that. Man...that's a major bummer. Maybe I'll hold off on trying to dual boot this then...

UP!

I recently acquired a 3 month old Vivobook with the i3 processor from a coworker who hated windows 8 for $200. I managed to install Mavericks on it but only boots on safe boot. Do we have a step by step guide for this model?

Thanks in advance!

UP!

I recently acquired a 3 month old Vivobook with the i3 processor from a coworker who hated windows 8 for $200. I managed to install Mavericks on it but only boots on safe boot. Do we have a step by step guide for this model?

Thanks in advance!

What is the screen resolution?

What is the screen resolution?

hello sir,

for some reason i got in and i am actually using the vivobook writing this. screen resolution is at 1366x768. no sound and iCloud is not working, FaceTime and iMessage. wifi is not working (do we have a list of compatible broadcom cards?), f-keys are not working, trackpad is like a regular mouse with no gestures. any help is greatly appreciated :)

thanks!

hello sir,

for some reason i got in and i am actually using the vivobook writing this. screen resolution is at 1366x768. no sound and iCloud is not working, FaceTime and iMessage. wifi is not working (do we have a list of compatible broadcom cards?), f-keys are not working, trackpad is like a regular mouse with no gestures. any help is greatly appreciated :)

thanks!
Found IGPlatfromID=01660003, I guess...

WiFi requires compatible hardware, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Trackpad: You need to install a driver that is built for your hardware, so first you need to find out what trackpad is inside. Look in Windows Device Manager to find out.

By 'f-keys' do you mean F1-F12 or the special functions sometimes placed on those same keys when used with the Fn key? Related to your quest for PS2 drivers...

For iCloud, AppStore, FaceTime and iMessage you need to use the Clover bootloader or Chameleon. Chameleon is easiest because it is closest to Chimera. For Chameleon you need to install FileNVRAM.dylib. You also need a working Ethernet port... does your laptop have one?

Found IGPlatfromID=01660003, I guess...

WiFi requires compatible hardware, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Trackpad: You need to install a driver that is built for your hardware, so first you need to find out what trackpad is inside. Look in Windows Device Manager to find out.

By 'f-keys' do you mean F1-F12 or the special functions sometimes placed on those same keys when used with the Fn key? Related to your quest for PS2 drivers...

For iCloud, AppStore, FaceTime and iMessage you need to use the Clover bootloader or Chameleon. Chameleon is easiest because it is closest to Chimera. For Chameleon you need to install FileNVRAM.dylib. You also need a working Ethernet port... does your laptop have one?

Thanks for posting the link for the wifi cards.

Yes I meant Fn keys, I will continue looking for the right drivers for this model.

For the chameleon boot loader, I can just install right? There will be no conflict or any KP?

Again thanks for your time.

Thanks for posting the link for the wifi cards.

Yes I meant Fn keys, I will continue looking for the right drivers for this model.

For the chameleon boot loader, I can just install right? There will be no conflict or any KP?

Again thanks for your time.

If you are using IGPlatformID, you'll have to change to IntelCapriFB.

IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Y is equivalent to IGPlatformID=0166003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back