Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

Did anyone manage to upgrade to Lion yet? I'm looking for a proper DSDT for my Asus P7P55D with nVidia 295 GTX videocard or similar.

Many thanks,
Dennis

I am still running my Snow Leopard 10.6.8 which is running beautifully EXCEPT for the sound popping issue. I have been scouring the internet with no luck. I am hoping someone somewhere will have an unlikely fix for this.

OMG! This post really helped me get this off the ground. I have and ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard and I found your video to be the most helpful. I was getting a hang on the grey apple logo screen. Maybe it was the NVIDIA update you suggested or the boot mode for upgrading to 10.6.8, but now my Hackintosh seems to boot fine. So excited! Thanks a million!

Hi everyone,

I'm running Lion 10.7.2 on a P7P55D-E LX, i5 (2.8Ghz), 16GB RAM (installed during installation) and a GTX260.

Used Unibeast and Multibeast and the correct DTDT. Bios version matches (1602). VooodooHDA 2.7.2 installed.

Everything works except:

1. sleep issues. Screen saver starts sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. System never goes into sleep mode automatically.

2. Audio works BUT: System volume control is set to a fixed value for rear line-out. Sytem alerts' volume can be adjusted though. Some static coming from mouse and keyboard.

3. Headphones plugged into front line-out work but do not mute rear line-out

I tried all different VoodooHDA's and power-unplug. So far it didn't solve the problems

Any help would be highly appreciated!

miles99 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm running Lion 10.7.2 on a P7P55D-E LX, i5 (2.8Ghz), 16GB RAM (installed during installation) and a GTX260.

Used Unibeast and Multibeast and the correct DTDT. Bios version matches (1602). VooodooHDA 2.7.2 installed.

Everything works except:

1. sleep issues. Screen saver starts sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. System never goes into sleep mode automatically.

2. Audio works BUT: System volume control is set to a fixed value for rear line-out. Sytem alerts' volume can be adjusted though. Some static coming from mouse and keyboard.

3. Headphones plugged into front line-out work but do not mute rear line-out

I tried all different VoodooHDA's and power-unplug. So far it didn't solve the problems

Any help would be highly appreciated!

For auto sleep fix download pleasesleep.app

You can also try using AppleHDA Rollback for your audio which you can install via multibeast. Make sure you delete voodooHDA before you install.

titsmgee said:

You can also try using AppleHDA Rollback for your audio which you can install via multibeast. Make sure you delete voodooHDA before you install.

Unfortunately, rolling back to AppleHDA kills the sound-out completely (no device present in Systems Prefs).

miles99 said:
titsmgee said:

Unfortunately, rolling back to AppleHDA kills the sound-out completely (no device present in Systems Prefs).

Use an older version of VoodooHDA, preferrebly 2.21 or so.

AppleHDA rollback isn't going to fix it, so don't bother with that.

Your thread was very helpful for me setting up my Hackintosh with a ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard. I pretty much followed your tutorial verbatim and it works great.

I was wondering if you have tried to update your ASUS P7P55D to Lion? I tried doing it with Unibeast and it failed so I went back to my more reliable Snow Leopard build.

Back