RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update 15-AUG-2010

Please use this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4603 since ATI 5770 installation has been facilitated with the release of MultiBeast 2.1.4.

OLD - Greetings!

I've created a video guide for installing an ATI HD 5770, on Retail OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, that was updated to combo version 10.6.4, using iBoot - ATI5XXX-2 and MultiBeast 2.1.1 to patch it.

The video shows a successfull install and exactly what needs to be done that specifically caters to the HD 5770 using only 1 monitor. The video is only for installing the video card ONLY after the 10.6.4 update and MultiBeast patching has been done.

NOTE: Do not use MultiBeast to install the video card. Download these kexts which you will need to install after the 10.6.4 update and all of the MultiBeast kexts that you would normally install (minus any video kexts). For now, if you attempt to use MultiBeast to install a HD 5770, you will get kernel panic and will need to do a fresh install of OS X.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zu7jrytnso[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppAxD5Vwy4Y[/VIDEO]

I want to thank everyone that has provided sufficient info to point me in the right direction. I really appreciate it!

Enjoy!

Update 02-AUG-2010

I've packed the edited kexts including a text guide together for easy installation.

Nice one- MacMan and I don't have one of these babies to test with, so we'll make the proper changes to MultiBeast to install the kexts in the next revision. :)

I had to chime in here as well thank you this guide worked so good it fixed my sound and cpu is being displayed properly as well.

I am considering buying this particular card and from your video, it doesn't sound like it should be too tough to get it working.

From what I gather after this setup the card should be fully working, with QE/CI as well? Please correct me if I'm wrong... Also do you know if displayport is likely to work as in this particular version: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127490

im still a Noob at this and researching my first build
I would like to have a 5770 in my system.

if the 5770 is my only card. would i be able to book into osx and make these changes?
or do i need another card thats supported make the Kext changes, swap the card and then boot up?

Nice post.

Testing it now.

Works very well.

Worth noting, This method is 32Bit only. As the ATY_Init.kext is 32 bit only. As I understand it it can't be made 64 but there is also the option to not use the injector and insert the device id into EFi string, which I will be trying later this week.

Here is the 5770 on my system. - Dual monitors working very nicely.
Code:
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series:

Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	PCIe
  Slot:	Slot-1
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	1024 MB
  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:	0x68b8
  Revision ID:	0x0000
  ROM Revision:	113-B7710C-176
  EFI Driver Version:	01.00.318
  Displays:
CHIMEI LCD:
  Resolution:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Rotation:	Supported
  Television:	Yes
ASUS VW266H:
  Resolution:	1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Rotation:	Supported

Also attached are the 2 files that need editing. They are already edited for your convenience. Please remember you will still need the other files from the top of the post.

rabbit.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    858.7 KB · Views: 250
So uhh. Does this work with the 5870?

Can you zip already edited kexts and add ti to your post as attachment, Please?

Btw: what I will have to do when I will switching from 9400gt to HD5770, except removing NVenabler and setting GraphicsEnabler to No???

THX

this kexts work to Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650? its a laptop video card

Good work with the guide.

I already have a fully working 5770 install. Probably a daft question but can I update my kexts though with the newer information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back