Contribute
Register

Variable Geekbench scores same system 6k - 13k ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X-UDH3-B3
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
nvidia GTX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
This is my first post on the tonymac site, and first of all I want to thank this community.
I've build my hackintosh from scratch and with the help of this forum I got it up and running in no time!

Concerning this topic.
My geekbench scores vary between 6000 and 13000 (see images)
and i dont know how to get a stable score.

http://postimage.org/image/jqpxmzyxj/
http://postimage.org/image/5mhh3d21l/

I Tweeked my BIOS with the optimal settings
and as far as I know I installed the right drivers for my videocard.
Any suggestions?
Kind regards

My system specs:
Z68X-UD3H-B3
16 gig ddr3 ram
i7 - 2600
nvidia gfx 570

You aren't the only one. For some reason Geekbench and other Mac benchmark programs give varying results.

The best benchmarking application that is consistant is Cinebench which is also out of date.

Remember this: Your video drivers for Mac OS X do perform around 10-20% than on Windows (especially for gaming).

What I mean by that is, if you run Cinebench on Mac OS X, you WILL get a lower score than if you run it on Windows.

Thanks for the reply.
It doesn't bother me when the score is not stable, but a diffrence of 6000 in geekbench is a little bit of the charts..

When i got these low scores my system actually feels like a machine that needs oil.
It has longer loading times for every app i launch, and for example browsing, feels like using IE on a shitty pc.

I have the feeling my system isn't working at its full potential.

When your OS is crawling, check the processes that run.
You could try doing a disk permissions repair, but I doubt that's the issue.

I really don't have a lot of ideas. You have quite a powerful system both CPU and GPU.

After reinstalling Easybeast my system gives me much greater performance!
In geekbench I now score a stable 14000.

I didnt overclock my system and im not planning to.
I think Easybeast did it for now, and I feel it has something to do with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Thanks again for the replys

Hi Chiel - I have a similar system (not as robust video card) but only get geekbench scores of 5600. I originally used UserDSDT with the dsdt from this site. Did you just use EasyBeast by itself or also with Userdsdt?

So OS X was essentially capping your CPU in power saving mode (800 MHz) until you reinstalled the kext.

Glad it works for you.

Hi Autocrat,
I installed the userDSDT as one of the first thinks when i got my machine running.
But didnt get such high benchmark scores. So i decided to install easybeast.

One thing though, i forgot to repair my permissions between installing easybeast and reboot. So now i have to repair permissions on every startup.

I can recommend installing easybeast and do a benchmark test after. I hope it will boost your system. Just dont forget to repair permissions before rebooting :)

Good luck!

xTrickyxx thanks for the replys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back