Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking time posting all that info and details of your rig.
Great setup! :headbang:

This morning I had the problem where I couldn't get a valid IP address after 4 restarts. I have updated my network settings and have given myself a static IP address and I have added the other settings myself. In other words, my network settings are "Manually". We shall see if this helps.

I'm having issues with audio with my build. How did you enable HDMI audio?

First time poster (I think. )

I have a similar build working, did the guide. Issues I ran into.

1. Plugged USB Stick into USB 3.0 Slot. USB Stick had to be in the first slot or two, else I would get a "Waiting On root"
2. Installed Mountain Lion, but did like to reboot, launched it in safe mode, installed multi beast.
3. On reboot, I got a white screen. I rebooted a few times, finally in safe mode then it worked ok.
4. Installed the nvidia drivers, and put the card in on reboot. Everything started working better.
5. After that, I put the fakesmc.

I think its running fine right now. Its zippy as hell. All the parts are from the March 2013 Guide for CustomMAc Mini Deluxe .

Thanks for posting guides everyone.

This morning I had the problem where I couldn't get a valid IP address after 4 restarts. I have updated my network settings and have given myself a static IP address and I have added the other settings myself. In other words, my network settings are "Manually". We shall see if this helps.

Even with Manually I am having problems getting the network to work. I think if I unplug the cable and restart, everything works. Will keep experimenting.

I'm having issues with audio with my build. How did you enable HDMI audio?

Will - check previous comments. People use the DSDT to enable HDMI.

Even with Manually I am having problems getting the network to work. I think if I unplug the cable and restart, everything works. Will keep experimenting.

If I unplug the ethernet then plug it back in, the computer gets an IP address just fine. Else, it takes several starts.

I tried to fix the HDMI issue with DSDT on the desktop and installing it with multibeast. However, I now have a blank white screen when I boot up. It seems that after preforming the latest mountain ion update, I lost my internet connection and all audio. In system prefs it was telling me that there was no output and that I have IP address but could not connect to the internet. Is there anything that I can do besides reinstalling moutain lion all over again?

V310,

How did you get the HDMI to work?

"I decided to change the PSU as well because i read many comments regarding the size of Corsair 650, so I went with a smaller model."

Where are you seeing this? I'm looking into building a very similar system, and was going to purchase the Corsair 650.

What are the issues exactly?

Can anyone comment on this? 80 dollars for a 500W, seems a bit much. Is there anything modular on sale that will also fit?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047CQ1B4/?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back