Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried 5,1 and got a kernel panic.

I also tried the mac mini (6,1 I think) and the system ran slower.

When the new I7 system definitions are available I will try them. For now I will be happy to be on 3,1. Everything works great. (except for sleep)

On 5,1 you must remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

I have it installed, but it's still an issue of having to boot in safe mode. Any ideas?

start with -v (verbose mode) and take a photo of what verbose mode says when the bootup freezes.

On 5,1 you must remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

MacPro4,1 & 5,1 won't work unless you have ECC memory. MacPro3,1 is the best System Definition to install OS X and work out any problems which is why 3,1 is the default SysDef in MultiBeast for the EasyBeast and "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" options. See page 3 in the MultiBeast Features document which came with MultiBeast.

MacMini6,1 and 6,2 are for i5 and i7 processors, respectively. However, 6,2 has power management and SpeedStep issues. Same for iMac13,1 & 13,2. See toleda's thread for more information.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

It's not for beginners but you might get an insight to the System Definition problems.

I am a noob and I am brand new to Apple in general, other than I have an Ipad and Iphone. I really need step by step instruction in how to remove these Kexts.

I built the exact same system as v310's but I can't boot unless I am in safe mode. I also can't load Cuda Driver because I get an error at the very end of the install. ( I am assuming this is because I am in safe mode?)

Any help would be appreciated. :banghead:

MacPro4,1 & 5,1 won't work unless you have ECC memory. MacPro3,1 is the best System Definition to install OS X and work out any problems which is why 3,1 is the default SysDef in MultiBeast for the EasyBeast and "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" options. See page 3 in the MultiBeast Features document which came with MultiBeast.

MacMini6,1 and 6,2 are for i5 and i7 processors, respectively. However, 6,2 has power management and SpeedStep issues. Same for iMac13,1 & 13,2. See toleda's thread for more information.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

It's not for beginners but you might get an insight to the System Definition problems.

Stork, I'm pretty sure i have non-ecc ram, however, 5,1 is working fine for me.

I am a noob and I am brand new to Apple in general, other than I have an Ipad and Iphone. I really need step by step instruction in how to remove these Kexts.

I built the exact same system as v310's but I can't boot unless I am in safe mode. I also can't load Cuda Driver because I get an error at the very end of the install. ( I am assuming this is because I am in safe mode?)

Any help would be appreciated. :banghead:

Hi Randy84,

You don't have to remove those files, unless you changed your system to 5,1. If you did, then open finder, go to System folder and open it, inside you should have a folder called Library, open it. Then, inside that folder you should have another folder called Extensions. The files you should delete are inside that folder (AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext). Right-Click and delete or move it to another folder (if you want to backup the files). That's it :thumbup:

Hey V310,
Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions. Here is the -v mode and where I get stuck.
IMG_0975.jpgIMG_0977.jpg

Hi Randy84,

You don't have to remove those files, unless you changed your system to 5,1. If you did, then open finder, go to System folder and open it, inside you should have a folder called Library, open it. Then, inside that folder you should have another folder called Extensions. The files you should delete are inside that folder (AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext). Right-Click and delete or move it to another folder (if you want to backup the files). That's it :thumbup:

I did that but the Extensions folder is empty. Are these folders hidden? If so, how do I unhide?

Randy 84 - In Finder go to Go in the Menu bar then select Go To Folder. (Shift-CMD-G)

Paste this: /System/library/Extensions/

It will take you to the folder. I have 217 items in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back