Contribute
Register

Using HDAEnabler to Get HDMI Audio on HD 3000 and HD 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally fixed. I had to patch my DSDT using your patch AMI-HD4000-Laptop_FB_03_A3 But I only used this part and instead of using IGPU, I change it for GFX0 and that did the trick.

Code:
# 2. Insert HDMI audio injection into device GFX0 (HD4000 HDMI audio - Part 1/2)
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
        Return (Package()\n
        {\n
            "device-id", Buffer() { 0x66, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
            "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
            "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        })\n
    }\n
end;
compiled without errors, and finally hda-gfx is loaded in HDEF and GFX0@2 and HDEF@1B.

Attached is my new IOReg and DSDT. So far everything is working,do you see something wrong ??

Thanks.

Attachments

• Working.zip
    407.4 KB · Views: 121
Finally fixed. I had to patch my DSDT using your patch AMI-HD4000-Laptop_FB_03_A3
Of course, dsdt edits work. Does not resolve the issue of Chimera HD4000 HDMI audio working on my HD4000 and not on your HD4000.

I have tried with two HD TV's and when they are connected the video does work, but none the sound. When I check System Preferences>Sound the Output is still on internal speakers, and never changes to HDMI, like when I plug the headphones.

On IOReg how I can read that the patch is working or what should I be looking for ?

i have the same problem when connecting led tv to my hackbook

i don't know if i have a buffercapri issue, i'm stucked and have no clue what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back