CPU
i3-4370
Graphics
Intel 4600HD
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First time doing anything with Mackintosh. Buddy of mine gave me a year old mini-ITX system to toy around with.

It's using a Gigabyte GA-H97N-Wifi board and an i3-4370 w/ 8gb of RAM.
250gb Samsung SSD and a second Transcend 512gb SSD I just added.

It had 10.11.4 on it when I got it and it had non-working USB3 ports, they'd power devices but nothing would mount. I figured out how to fix that with the MuliBeast and all the ports on the motherboard are working and recognizing hard drives.

The issue is that the USB3.0 transfer speed doesn't seem to be that great, at least not what I'm used to with USB 3.0.
Ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
First time doing anything with Mackintosh. Buddy of mine gave me a year old mini-ITX system to toy around with.

It's using a Gigabyte GA-H97N-Wifi board and an i3-4370 w/ 8gb of RAM.
250gb Samsung SSD and a second Transcend 512gb SSD I just added.

It had 10.11.4 on it when I got it and it had non-working USB3 ports, they'd power devices but nothing would mount. I figured out how to fix that with the MuliBeast and all the ports on the motherboard are working and recognizing hard drives.

The issue is that the USB3.0 transfer speed doesn't seem to be that great, at least not what I'm used to with USB 3.0.
Ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

Try the fixes in this thread (the 9-series fixes since you have an h97 motherboard):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/customac-desktop-usb-fixes-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-reference.179201/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back