Contribute
Register

USB Wireless Adapters for Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma

@scottkendall
Thanks for sharing your experience about the Fenvi HB1200.
Is your HB1200 chipset is " BCM94360CS " and the model pls refer to the attachment.

Is your wifi signal strong and network stable all day long?
Is 5GHz able to use?

I can not really say as I used it wired, the HB1200 for me made my hackintosh experience much closer to a real Mac. Things like Air Play, Air Drop, Continuity, Universal Control, etc. My wife plays some games like Hero's of the storm and does not complain that the connection drops out but she also does not play all day.

The card looks like the one pictured though I can not say what chipset it is actually using. This is the link in the order from a few years ago.

https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-hb1200-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00062?Item=9SIADXZ9CS9385

Also I used an Antenna that came with an old Asus Wifi Card to get the signal out from under my desk.

The Fenvi FV-HB1200 uses the BCM4360CS2 chipset with BT4.0, i.e. same chipset as used in Airport card from Apple 11” & 13” MacBook Air. These cards only have two antennas so WiFi & BT share the antenna.

The Fenvi T919 uses the BCM4360CD Chipset with BT4.0. These cards have four antenna, three for WiFi & one solely for BT.

To everyone,
I love to share, and help some users to save more money before buying, if I could.
That's why I love to ask lots of question, suggestion and opinion.

At this blog, Here are some expert users got provide me the best info and useful guide about the NVMe, Wifi adapter, install failure issue, graphic card, and some other pricing tips.

Appreciated.
I am right here to say THANK YOU very much to them.
Let get forward to provide best solutions for building a Hackintosh.

You can get an old AirPort Express wifi router, set it up as in extension mode and plug its Ethernet port in to the hack. This will not disconnect, then you can also hook up the wifi on the Fenvi for the Apple life improvements.

For Opencore users with supported (via Chris's method) Realtek USB Wifi. Chris1111 has now shown us a way to keep SIP enabled in Sonoma and also use a Wifi adapter. Interesting approach.

I had a brief exchange with Chris1111 on InsanelyMac when the first couple of Sonoma public betas were released. I tested his drivers and found them to work quite well, albeit with SIP disabled. Shortly thereafter he provided a means of running the drivers with SIP enabled.

Glad to see we have options other than Broadcom and Intel.

Cerrtainly, great work from Chris!

Airdrop works with this method?
Just tried it with an Archer T3U Plus.. and no, Airdrop doesn't work. Neither does Find My Mac. Both say there's no WiFi installed.

Then it is probably missing a Kext/driver the same as the native Broadcom/Apple cards.

Back