Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270 IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Asus GTX 980ti STRIX
Hi guys,

I built my Hack about 5 years ago.. haven't had many issues until just recently.
I had been on Yosemite for the last few years, and recently I updated to El Capitan (as well as switching over to Clover).
For the most part things are running smoothly, but the main issue are my USB ports..

Specifically the 3 ports on the front of my case (2xUSB3.0 and 1xUSB2.0), and one in the back. When I boot up the computer, they all seem to be working, but around 20 minutes in the three ports on the front just stop working completely, all at the same time. The unfortunate thing is I NEED to use those ports cause I have my bluetooth dongle and wireless mouse receiver plugged into them because there is too much interference when I plug them into the back of the case. I'm still fairly new to all of this, cause I just followed a build guide when I originally built it. So what I'm wondering firstly is what can I do to find out what's wrong with the ports? Is there some sort of error report I can find somewhere that I can post here. I know I'm giving very little technical information, I'm just not sure what I'm looking for.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back