Contribute
Register

USB "Disk Not Ejected Properly" during sleep error - Gigabyte Z390 Designare with memory above 2666 MHz - Mojave and Catatalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, sleep still not fixed. Bounces right back to the login screen. I have to reboot to make it work again.

I did have one kind of sleep issue at 2666mhz memory settings.. Not sure if it's related.
In fact, I set the machine to never sleep and just shut the monitor off because I had some big downloads to do.

The screen would not wake!
I set darkwake back to =8 and haven't had an issue so far. I will leave that on. It doesn't seem to interfere with anything, although I didn't connect a meter to see if there was any odd power draw.

Someone else mentioned that their machine still drew 50 watts or something in sleep mode, but I don't remember the specifics.

I find out this tool few minute ago that seems to solve the problem. I haven't test it properly yet.

It should eject automatically any drive when the system go to sleep and mount them back again on wake up. (You can decide on the app preferences what peripherals and what action to put in place.)

I'm using the 15 days free trial but a full licence is pretty cheap at less than $5, so I that works well I would buy it.

From a first look it works when I manually put the system on sleep.
I don't get the apple system notification "Disk Not Ejected Properly" using the app.
Is there another way to verify that the app is actually doing the job? Anyone has test it before, opinion on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back