USB 3.0 drivers for OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes its working here on my GA-P55-USB3L rev.2 :headbang:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-05 at 1.58.21 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-05 at 1.58.21 PM.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 485
The driver installs and works partially on my system. I hook up one USB2 drive to it and it comes up on my desktop fine. I hook up a different USB2 drive to it and although it shows up in the System Profiler, it never mounts on the desktop. Hmmmm...

notshy said:
Onetrack said:
As i posted on the blog entry, it looks like its locked to LaCie devices ONLY, perhaps we have to wait for a universal / unlocked driver.

http://blog.fosketts.net/2010/11/05/lacie-usb-30-driver-mac-osx-troubleshooting/

Right ..... who can crack the driver to work with any USB 3 device?

Do the USB 3 ports work with USB 1/2 devices OK? Would be good to at least be able to use those ports rather than them being dead at the mo.
USB 2.0 devices work fine. I would imagine 1.0 would too.

My hackintosh uses a GA-P55A-UD4P and I used a LaCie iamakey on it last night (though it's not specifically USB3) and it works great. I put a 300MB file on it in under a minute then tried it through a 2.0 port and it took just over 3 min.

Big difference there!

Attachments

• MultiBeast.png
    MultiBeast.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 267
GA-H55N-USB3 LOGITECH WEBCAM NOT WORKING ON USB3 PORT REGULAR USB2 PORT OK
EXTERNAL USB2 HD WORKS OK BUT DID NOT SHOWN ON DESKTOP
USB MOUSE OK, USB2 MEMORY CARD READER AND MEMORY STICK OK

works on my Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, i mean i havent tested it with a usb 3 device but i plug in my 2.0 jump drive and its recognized i got the Super-Speed Bus

The new 'super speed' bus shows up on my system, but plugging in an external Maxtor One Touch drive to the USB 3 port causes a kernel panic. Plugging the same drive to one of the USB 2 ports works normally.

Hooked a printer up, no kernel panic - printer shows up as being attached to the super speed bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back