Contribute
Register

Upgraded GB BIOS to F8 and now can't boot..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS 10.7
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
Sapphire 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] Upgraded GB BIOS to F8 and now can't boot..!

I upgraded my MoBo's (Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3) BIOS to F8, and now I crash when booting up Lion (The gray screen with the apple logo freezes and a "stop" symbol appears on top of it). Tried booting as -v and it gets stuck on "Still waiting for root device", and as -f it gets stuck on the same "STAHP" screen. There's a similar thread on this forum where you talk about the new DSDT for F8, but... How can I install it if I can't boot?

With -s it got stuck on the same "You Shall Not Pass" symbol. Thanks, though. I found the reason why it wasn't working, and fixed it. Apparently, when the BIOS was updated it got reset to its default IDE mode, instead of AHCI

when you upgrade your BIOS, usually your BIOS settings get reset and the important one that gets reset is the SATA goes back to IDE mode instead of AHCI. try and change it back to AHCI and try to boot. if it still doesn't work you might have to go back into the BIOS and change other settings that you might have previously set to make it work in OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back