Contribute
Register

Upgrade instead of clean install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i thought about the 3rd party SATA but as already mentioned,
its for non Intel.
So i installed this Ioahcistorage thing, which did the job in Lion but it doesnt work anymore.

My usb3 ports is the thing what bothers me the most...they just wont work.
Tried it without and with the Mutlibeast Usb3 files.
But it seems there are not many other people with this problem :(

Edit: Found another thread with the Usb3 problem. It seems the drivers arent working anymore.

Repair permissions and rebuild caches and see if that reduces boot time.

Did an upgrade instead of a clean install too an hour ago.
However it took like a minute to boot up.

The white screen with the grey square on the left side of screen is just the sleep mode of the monitor.

I decided to restore to Lion again with a TM backup.
I probably will receive my Samsung SSD tomorrow and then will do a clean install on it.

Installed ML on my MBP yesterday and everything works but LittleSnitch isn't showing the live monitoring anymore in my task bar.

Imho, I don't find this upgrade that spectacular since I was already using iMessages beta, Used Growl and don't play games from Game Center.
I use Wunderkit & NotifyMe instead of Reminders, use iA Writer instead of Notes so what else important did change in ML?

The white screen with the grey square on the left side of screen is just the sleep mode of the monitor.

I decided to restore to Lion again with a TM backup.
I probably will receive my Samsung SSD tomorrow and then will do a clean install on it.

Installed ML on my MBP yesterday and everything works but LittleSnitch isn't showing the live monitoring anymore in my task bar.

Imho, I don't find this upgrade that spectacular since I was already using iMessages beta, Used Growl and don't play games from Game Center.
I use Wunderkit & NotifyMe instead of Reminders, use iA Writer instead of Notes so what else important did change in ML?

Do you think a clean install is the answer to the slow boot? I did an upgrade on mine, but I can't imagine I had a whole lot of cruft left over from my Lion install. I only did that install like a month ago. I don't really mind doing the install again, although I don't feel like yanking my graphics card out of the machine again to do it. haha

I did an upgrade with both hacintoshes and all went well (except for my 1156 board which needed an alternate method of installation). With the 1156 board I also noticed a 1 minute boot time initially but after Multibeast the boot time went back down to 30 secs. I have noticed that once in a while the shut down can take a minute, but this has only occured a couple of times. My 1155 board had no problems and I'm using the onboard graphics (DVI).

Anyone experiencing longer boot times?
With lion the boot time was very low, about 12 seconds...now with ML its about twice as long for me.

Also my other internal HDD (my Windows HDD) is recognized as external hard drive...does anybody know how to change that?

Oh and my USB3 slots arent working anymore.

This is the same for me slow boot, usb 3.0 ports are not recognised, magic mouse very lagy. Didn't notice a problem with my Windows 8 HDD? I've rolled back to Lion so not sure.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...byte-z68mx-ud2h-b3-v1-3-f13-no-usb-3-0-a.html

No one responded to my post so I assumed it was just my setup?

Cheers

I downloaded the Mountain Lion Installer. Hit Install and when it restarts, it never installs as another already reported. I don't have the Lion Installer on my Applications, only Mountain Lion.

Is it possible to do an upgrade by this fashion, or is booting with Unibeast absolutely necessary?

I downloaded the Mountain Lion Installer. Hit Install and when it restarts, it never installs as another already reported. I don't have the Lion Installer on my Applications, only Mountain Lion.

Is it possible to do an upgrade by this fashion, or is booting with Unibeast absolutely necessary?

I would assume so, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back