Contribute
Register

Upgrade instead of clean install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
procedure

i believe if you wanna install it you got to still use unibeast over the old installation of LION !!! Am i right?

With Carbon Copy, am I still supposed to be able to boot from my clone? I can't seem to get it working.

With Carbon Copy, am I still supposed to be able to boot from my clone? I can't seem to get it working.

Did you try booting with Unibeast?

I had nothing but trouble when trying to do an upgrade install. So, I backed up and removed the /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions from my Lion install, then did Unibeast and it now works perfectly without having to reinstall all my apps.

After backing up with Carbon Copy Cloner I did the upgrade and had to reinstall my audio, ethernet, 3rd party storage and trim kexts - pretty much anything you need when doing a first time install. I didn't do user dsdt though... wondering it I should. Everything seems to be fine. I haven't test sleep though.

I had nothing but trouble when trying to do an upgrade install. So, I backed up and removed the /Extra and /System/Library/Extensions from my Lion install, then did Unibeast and it now works perfectly without having to reinstall all my apps.

So you installed using UniBeast but skipped the Disk Utility portion of the ML install to your hard drive?

i believe if you wanna install it you got to still use unibeast over the old installation of LION !!! Am i right?

Hmm..you've got me wondering now.

I did an upgrade without any problems at all (Z77-D3H i5 3750k)

Create a new USB stick using UniBeast - reboot onto your USB stick and go through the process as if you were installing a clean system.

When complete, you'll need to boot up your HDD via USB and then run MultiBeast on your new setup!

This worked fine for me, not even 1 single problem (ok apart from most of the new system icons are blank now).

I did an upgrade without any problems at all (Z77-D3H i5 3750k)

Create a new USB stick using UniBeast - reboot onto your USB stick and go through the process as if you were installing a clean system.

When complete, you'll need to boot up your HDD via USB and then run MultiBeast on your new setup!

This worked fine for me, not even 1 single problem (ok apart from most of the new system icons are blank now).

That's weird....doesn't that happen when they're not supported? For example if you download Lion onto a 10.6.0 install it will be grayed out because you can't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back