Contribute
Register

Updating from Mountain Lion to Mavericks on my hackintosh? (see parts) working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually all of it. Even -f and UseKernelCache=No and npci=0x2000 (which already is in my boot plist)

I appreciate the answers so far.

For some reason it just keeps restarting OVER and OVER again so I get back to the startup (with the motherboard logo etc and Chameleon bootloader/loading OSX thingie.

It just refuses to enter the freaking USB partition. It keeps startings when typing anything of these.

I'm setting the USB as primary boot target and I'm still not reaching it, so I have to press F8 a couple of times until I can choose the USB to boot up manually. Then I get 2 choices "USB" And "Mountain Lion". Here I type all those things such as -f -x -v npci=0x2000 etc. Then I press enter while having the "USB" highlighted/selected.

And it only reboots all the time. If it doesn't reboot I'm stuck at the apple logo without ANYTHING happening or loading at all.

It just is a white background with a grey apple logo in the middle. Nothing more nothing less.

Oh yeah, I've also tried to change it to the X.M.P profile #1 as said in the guide, still doesn't work.

thanks.

I did use a USB 3.0 port, I now tried a USB 2.0 port, but still the same :/

typing -x npci=3000 got me further.. now the loading circle is atleast shown, but its getting stuck there and getting no further.

EDIT:

adding -f aswell to -x npci=3000 keeps the loading circle spinning atleast without getting stuck. But nothing happens at all. It just spins forever and ever. And the loading wheel seems to get stuck from time to time on the way aswell..

No message is showing up though, just spinning around loding forever :beachball:

use -v as well so we can see whats going on, instead of a white screen you will get logs

OK I just did that too.

The last of hte log says:

using 64-bit bootache playlist
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
Kext loading now disabled.
Kext unloading now disabled.
Kext autounloading now disabled.
Kernel requests now disabled.

EDIT: found this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tcache-playlist-2-no-such-file-directory.html

And tried what user "JakeDales" said:

"I fixed my issue by Using the strings -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 to boot

Hope this helps anyone who had this issue.

But instead I'm using npci=0x3000, and now also trying to add -f but I still get the same error :/ Also tried this combo with GraphicsEnabler=No ofcourse.. I really don't know how to get this to work.. seriously ;o can't even reach the installer lol.

OK I just did that too.

The last of hte log says:

using 64-bit bootache playlist
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
Kext loading now disabled.
Kext unloading now disabled.
Kext autounloading now disabled.
Kernel requests now disabled.

EDIT: found this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tcache-playlist-2-no-such-file-directory.html

And tried what user "JakeDales" said:

"I fixed my issue by Using the strings -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 to boot

Hope this helps anyone who had this issue.

But instead I'm using npci=0x3000, and now also trying to add -f but I still get the same error :/ Also tried this combo with GraphicsEnabler=No ofcourse.. I really don't know how to get this to work.. seriously ;o can't even reach the installer lol.

In fact I can't reach ANYTHING that's on a USB or other drive or something.. I can only boot up into ML and that works perfectly after alot of sweat, tears, blood and tweaking.. I was getting weird freezes at times. But changing from npci=0x3000 to npci=0x2000 in boot plist got that away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back