Contribute
Register

Updated to latest El Capitan Security Update - Stuck at Apple Logo + Empty Progress Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
So I recently updated to the latest Security Update and everything went by smoothly. Since the whole Intel 530 sleep bug is still a thing I always shut down my Hackintosh at the end of the day. I was able to boot fine a few times but all of the sudden I am getting stuck at the Apple Logo and the progress bar will not load causing me to force a restart.

I searched around and saw something about the 170 boards having issues and noticed I had a BIOS setting set incorrectly (I think it was the XHCI Handoff which needed to be set to Enabled). After changing this I get the progress bar to start filling but then I get a slew of text with the word "panic" used a few times and the system reboots every time.

I also tried booting into Recovery and get the same issue or a Prohibited sign. I have tried cpus=1 or nv_disable=1 boot arguments but those do not help.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

I'm guessing no one can help me?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

You probably need to be on 10.11.4 for HD 530 to load correctly.

Also, read the thread and try using Inject Intel=No or Inject Intel=Yes with ig-platform-id=0x19120000.

Thanks for the reply. I kept seeing around different threads about the Serial Port being disabled so I went and tried that. I was actually able to fully boot into OSX without any problems. I haven't tried restarting to see if it was just a fluke so I'll update this thread if that happens.

What is the purpose of disabling the Serial Port? Isn't that important? I don't know too much about it and I can't really find why we disable it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back