Contribute
Register

Updated 10.9.2 CAMERA ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HD Webcam C270 working fine in 10.9.2...

Product ID: 0x0825
Vendor ID: 0x046d (Logitech Inc.)
Version: 0.10
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0xfd200000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

Just thought I'd post this since I rebooted about 50 times testing and hopefully it helps someone. I solved my webcam issues.

I had two issues
1. Webcam would not recognize. Had the VDCA Assistant thing crash over and over.
2. Maps would freeze the whole system upon open.

Simple solution was to remove AppleIntelHD5000.kext and disable on board graphics. Probably not the solution for everyone, but hope that helps people in my situation and never had the parrot app people mentioned in previous posts. My build is in my profile.

Hi i had issues with FaceTime, Photo Booth , or mirroring.

The solution it worked for me is that:

1) Go to /System/Library/Extensions/
2) Find this kext APExtFramebuffer.kext , if you have it remove it.
3) Restart cross finger and pray , and your issues will end.

I've tried all of the above with no success. I've noticed for me this CrashReporter taking up 50% of mu CPU and the VDCAssistant crashing in console only starts after opening Chrome, until then it's fine. Quitting chrome doesn't help though, requires restart.

I found out that beside of AirParrot a similar problem exists with extensions installed by "AirServer" (http://www.airserver.com/) when updating to Mavericks 10.9.2!
you could download the uninstaller at http://www.airserver.com/downloads/mac/uninstall-AirServer.zip to remove AirServer.

If it still does not work, make sure you delete the following extensions from AirServer:

Code:
  sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AVFrameBuffer.kext
  sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AVVideoCard.kext

this should bring back the camera in OS X again :thumbup:

I've resolved the issue, the problem for me is the app AirParrot that mirror my Hacintosh to Apple TV. The kext video and audio driver of this app, seem to be incompatible with 10.9.2 update and broken the webcam. If you have this or a similar application remove them.

I uninstalled the app and the kext, with this terminal commands:

• sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/APExtFramebuffer.kext
  • sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AirParrotDriver.kext
  • sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.squirrels.AirParrot.plist
  • sudo rm -rf /Applications/AirParrot.app
  • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/APExtFramebuffer.kext
  • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/AirParrotDriver.kext

After the commands, reboot the system and try your webcam, my Logitech C310 now works like a charm! :headbang::headbang:
JEZAAAZZZ CHRISTT THANKSSSSSSSSS mann!! reallly reallly appreciate it. it works now. had to remove air-display for android. now my C920 is working again

THis is amazing. I owe you a beer. thank you.

So it's not "The Whole" of AirParrot that causes the glitch .. it's only the EXTENDED DISPLAY driver.

Just got this from AirParrot's support :

We are working on the iSight camera issue to find a permanent fix but we do have a work around. It is not the audio drivers that cause the issue but the extended display driver only. If you remove only the extended display driver your camera will function again and you will still have the use of AirParrot. I have included instructions below to remove only that driver.

Please press Shift+Command+G to bring up the Go-To-Folder option. In that search bar, type in /System/Library/Extensions and remove the "APExtFramebuffer.kext". Move that file to the trash.

Once you do that, press the Shift+Command+G again and this time type in /Library/Extensions (they are different locations on a Mac). Again, remove the "APExtFramebuffer.kext" file by moving it to the trash.

Now give your Mac a reboot and the extend display drivers will be removed.

Hope this help's ya'll enjoy both worlds :)

Take care !

I've resolved the issue, the problem for me is the app AirParrot that mirror my Hacintosh to Apple TV. The kext video and audio driver of this app, seem to be incompatible with 10.9.2 update and broken the webcam. If you have this or a similar application remove them.

After the commands, reboot the system and try your webcam, my Logitech C310 now works like a charm! :headbang::headbang:

woohoo! thanks a lot!
i thought a cable was loose.. but i saw the usb-device in the system profiler.
thanks for taking away the frustrations!

I couldn't get my builtin webcam to work on my Samsung R530 on Mavericks 10.9.2. Had no Airparrot so that wasn't the issue. I tried installing and editing AnyiSightCam.kext with my product id and vendor id. This didn't work either.
With WebCam Monitor I could see an active webcam though.

Finally I've found a solution on a apple discussion forum:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/25610394#25610394

... remove all starting with AV*
Open Terminal, issue the following:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AV*
I would also advise to update boot cache. Kext Utility may help. Reboot and check whether the cam's working.

I've found AVFrameBuffer.kext and AVVideoCard.kext in s/l/e and deleted this as proposed. After repair permissions with Kext Utility and a reboot. My webcam worked immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back