Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.5

Nonsense.

Care to share your process? I'm running the same processor and graphic card and can't get to the desktop. Install went fine, but won't boot. A lot of people are having the same problem.

OK, I'm super confuzuled. :p

Won't pressing the update button in the App store cause it to update the system? I thought we were only supposed to use the stand alone combo updater to do that.

OK, I'm super confuzuled. :p

Won't pressing the update button in the App store cause it to update the system? I thought we were only supposed to use the stand alone combo updater to do that.

For some people they have a buzz in being reckless - getting away with it is rewarding. They wouldn't admit a problem if it happened either. For some they treat their machine like a real Mac and will live with the consequences.

It is recommended that you take sensible precautions in backing up data, repairing permissions etc to minimise downtime. If you have no data to lose then there is no reason to have worry ;)

Adrian B

makrja reports a successful fresh install on his Haswell system in this post. See also here for our recommend way to update to 10.8.5.

Just updated my 9 months old laptop, 8 Gbyte, Acer 5750G with I7 2.2 Ghz and GT-540M Graphics, result; No audio, No USB3 and a lot of lag in the system. Didn't try everything but I reapplied the kext files I used for my 10.8.4 installation which was running smoothly. Now it seems my only problem is that my wifi doesn't work. I know it is Artheros, don't know the number.. Have to boot a Linux Life CD to check. Otherwise it works fine.. The Artheros injector file didn't change that.. More work to be done. I use UEFI bios and I am really happy the way this system has been working. Like a real Macbook.. Since I am a Noop I have to search my way through.. Think the processor is Sandybridge so I don't know about Haswell problems..
Good luck everyone.. I always got my gear working with Tonymacx86.com.. Thanks Tony.. Onwards and Upwards..
Who said PC's were easy..

For me it was smooth sailing - but I'm running older hardware. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 with an Intel i3. Native graphics. I just let the update install and rebooted. Had my old 10.8.4 USB install available just in case. The machine booted fine and the only thing not working was the sound. Ran Multibeast and enabled the RealTek 889 codec. Another reboot and everything seems to be good. Time will tell if there are some hidden gotchas but for right now this was definitely the easiest upgrade to date.

-bill

Update went without a hitch. There is one issue though that I've noticed ever since the update. Apps that are running for hours like PS3 Media Server or if I have Safari open, will unexpectedly crash. I get an "unexpectedly closed" windowed message and asking if I want to reopen the app. I only noticed it this morning when I went to watch a movie. My hackintosh had been running all night and before watching a movie I had checked my e-mails. PS3 Media Server was still running as I was able to watch about 20 min. of my movie on my television when it suddenly stopped. I checked my computer and saw the message. I restarted and later I opened Safari. I had Safari open about 3 hours while I was doing yard work. When I came back in and checked my computer, Safari had the same error.

My kid applied the update by accident from the App store. From a full working Z77-UD5H based system we finished with a non working audio, bluetooth and wi-fi.
Multibeast is unable to apply the needed kexts.
I suppose we will need to be patient until the new multibeast is out to fix the issues.
As I am a fresh hackintosh user I suppose that there is no way to revert the system back before the update? No backup have been done.

It does't work :( i've cancelled genericusb but when i try to stare installation after 1minuit everthings block :(
Processor i5 4570s hasWell
mobo giga byte b85m-hd3

Is there any way to download the full 10.8.4 installer now that 10.8.5 is out? I was going to download the 10.8.4 installer the night 10.8.5 came out, and I can't find anyway to get the 10.8.4 installer anymore... why I need the 10.8.4 installer is a long story, but it would make my life much easier if I could find a way to download it...

cheers!
jwk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back