the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm relatively new to TonyMacx86, and perhaps this was brought up in the past, but I would like to suggest a new way of "updating" major articles with information.

For example, today, MultiBeast 5.5 is the major article. Although it was updated to 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 already, unless you're constantly checking the main thread, I don't know of another way of checking updates and knowing the changes despite reading all the comments in the thread.

The main article, the one at the first page is still 5.5, and you have to dwell into all posts to find the changes for 5.5.1 and 5.5.2. :crazy:

So, here is my suggestion: why not update the main article and just post informing about it? :D

Something like this:
--== Article ==--
MultiBeast 5.5
- contents

--== Update to 5.5.1 ==--
- Update Main Article, something like:
MultiBeast 5.5.1
- changes... ... ...
MultiBeast 5.5
- contents

- make a post in the thread about the update, just so people check it out

--== Update 5.5.2 ==--
- Update Main Article, something like:
MultiBeast 5.5.2
- changes... ... ...
MultiBeast 5.5.1
- changes... ... ...
MultiBeast 5.5
- contents

Perhaps this sounds silly, but checking the main article for an outdate information unless you go all the way into the conversation is kind of annoying. :banghead:

The same problem applies to UniBeast and Chimera articles as far as I've seen.

Thanks! ;)

You can follow tonymacx86 on Twitter, that way you will get precisely up to date updates about the software exactly when they are happening. MultiBeast/UniBeast/Chimera has been updated. Although previous versions work, better compatibility is added and problems are resolved for the User.

It's like any software. the more people try it the better it gets. For me It is great to finish a hard days work to see that improvements are made via Twitter, Facebook.. I can clearly see your point but also it is very important to keep this information in one place. Reading the thread literally announces the updates as they are published.

Thanks wildwillow, the Twitter idea is perfect for what I want.

I still feel the main article should be updated though, as many of the guides and releases you see out there though. If not for the folks who are used to the site, at least to those who are checking it out for the first time.

Anyway, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back