Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

I just found another issue. Microphone is not working. I have audio, wifi, etc' but microphone is not working. Any suggestions?

PS:I just found a solution for the problem. I repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache and the mic is working. Thanks.

I just tried updating 10.9.5 to Yosemite on my 6460B and I got this message during the installation:
WP_20141017_08_34_36_Pro.jpg

I rebooted and launched Mavericks again to write this. What can I do? As you can see in the picture I have also installed Windows (8.1) on my laptop.

I don't know if it's important, but after I chose the new "Install from MacOSX partition" (or something like that) option in Clover, there appeared a white apple on the black background and a bar that was moving forward. It was moving forward for around 10 second and then the screen started to look strange - graphical glitches appeared and then a window (like on the screen I posted) appeared with a blue bar and a countdown (22 minutes). After a few second the message I posted appeared.

omg it really esey no problems so far
thanks for the guid:clap:

Worked perfectly - I owe you a beer.

I will update if there are any other problems

My laptop is hp pronbook 6460b with ati 6470m card. Which fbname shuold
i choose ?

I use hydrilla and kextspatch to make ati working, but it looks like 16bit, what should I don't?

Sorry for my english. I am not good at my English. Thanks.

I just tried updating 10.9.5 to Yosemite on my 6460B and I got this message during the installation:
View attachment 107126

I rebooted and launched Mavericks again to write this. What can I do? As you can see in the picture I have also installed Windows (8.1) on my laptop.

I don't know if it's important, but after I chose the new "Install from MacOSX partition" (or something like that) option in Clover, there appeared a white apple on the black background and a bar that was moving forward. It was moving forward for around 10 second and then the screen started to look strange - graphical glitches appeared and then a window (like on the screen I posted) appeared with a blue bar and a countdown (22 minutes). After a few second the message I posted appeared.

Sorry but I don't understand the language in the image, can you post it in English?

My laptop is hp pronbook 6460b with ati 6470m card. Which fbname shuold
i choose ?

I use hydrilla and kextspatch to make ati working, but it looks like 16bit, what should I don't?

Sorry for my english. I am not good at my English. Thanks.

Sorry, I have no idea with 6x60b with AMD.

First off, many thanks for your awesome work on this. I've been running Mavericks / Clover off my 8460p for a few months now. Some video glitches in high res mode where I have to go into Preferences to correct but nothing earth-shattering.

Tried your Yosemite instructions and it completely failed for me, but I think it's the SSD I have in that it's a bit flaky (probably needs to be RMA'd). Used a standard HDD instead / built out 10.9.5 / upgraded and that worked.

Only issue I have is the Wifi one as I have that same Broadcom card. Tried the plist change but it didn't work. :( Maybe I'm missing a step. Will futz with the Wifi-less setup today and if I can't get it to work I'll likely go back to Mavericks until there's a better fix.

Again, many thanks! I actually did not expect seeing Yosemite on this laptop so quickly. :)

First off, many thanks for your awesome work on this. I've been running Mavericks / Clover off my 8460p for a few months now. Some video glitches in high res mode where I have to go into Preferences to correct but nothing earth-shattering.

Tried your Yosemite instructions and it completely failed for me, but I think it's the SSD I have in that it's a bit flaky (probably needs to be RMA'd). Used a standard HDD instead / built out 10.9.5 / upgraded and that worked.

Only issue I have is the Wifi one as I have that same Broadcom card. Tried the plist change but it didn't work. :( Maybe I'm missing a step. Will futz with the Wifi-less setup today and if I can't get it to work I'll likely go back to Mavericks until there's a better fix.

Again, many thanks! I actually did not expect seeing Yosemite on this laptop so quickly. :)

Did you try setting SMBIOS to MacBook Air 5,2 in config.plist? Give me your config.plist, I will have a look.

Attached. Current one just has the MBA changes in the Product Name and Family. When I started mucking with the other items I couldn't boot up and needed to use my Mavericks USB to boot / back out. Again, probably more my inexperience than anything else.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 268
Back