Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have followed the guide to the letter which can be found here http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html. But for some reason I have formatted the removable disk in Disk Utility and it doesn't seem to want to find the disk to install it to. It just says no removable disk with HSF partition found with 7GB+, the one I am using has 80GB of free space, and is formatted using Disk Utility as a Boot Master Record. But still doesn't want to find it. I am trying to upgrade my OS X Snow Leopard to OS X Mavericks.

Are you running on 10.6.8 with the Apple install update?
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The native language needs to be set to English for the installation.

If you are trying to install to a flash memory card like those used with cameras then these do not seem to work. UniBeast 4.0 is the latest version and is the best one to use.

You might want to try using an 8 or 16 GB USB flash drive for the process.

Are you running on 10.6.8 with the Apple install update?
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1512?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

The native language needs to be set to English for the installation.

If you are trying to install to a flash memory card like those used with cameras then these do not seem to work. UniBeast 4.0 is the latest version and is the best one to use.

You might want to try using an 8 or 16 GB USB flash drive for the process.

I have just tried using the Apple 1.0 update, and restarted. The English was the installion method, and I am using a removable usb hard drive that has 80 Gigabytes in size (the size of the drive) and, of which is free. I am using UniBeast 4.0.2 to do it. Even with the 1.0 update installed it still doesn't think there is a removable disk the UniBeast that is even though its formatted.

the one I am using has 80GB of free space, and is formatted using Disk Utility as a Boot Master Record. But still doesn't want to find it. I am trying to upgrade my OS X Snow Leopard to OS X Mavericks.

This is your problem - go back and format the 80Gb as GUID partition tables / Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and try again.

Clark, can you please clarify. This 80 GB disk that you are using is it to be used for the UniBeast Mavericks installation as a USB flash drive or as the destination drive for your installation?

Clark, can you please clarify. This 80 GB disk that you are using is it to be used for the UniBeast Mavericks installation as a USB flash drive or as the destination drive for your installation?
I have tried as GB said above it still doesn't want to see it. And it is the part after where you agree to the terms of use, for UniBeast. It won't see the Destination USB Hard Drive, the only time it will see anything is if its an application that I installed that went to the desktop screen, it sees that but of course they are full. So you can't do it with them.

I have tried as GB said above it still doesn't want to see it. And it is the part after where you agree to the terms of use, for UniBeast. It won't see the Destination USB Hard Drive, the only time it will see anything is if its an application that I installed that went to the desktop screen, it sees that but of course they are full. So you can't do it with them.

Unibeast is intended to create a USB flash drive, not a USB hard drive.

See the Troubleshooting Guide and if you cannot resolve your issue (when using a USB flash drive) follow the procedure detailed : http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/85364-unibeast-failure-reporting.html

That way MacMan will see and respond accordingly.

Good Luck

Clarkcj

If you have a USB w 80 GIG capacity this is not a USB 2.0 Spec Drive....

Not sure if a USB 3.0 Spec drive will work here....

I always suggest that you have a USB 2.0 thumb Drive available to use for creating of the UniBeast drive.
in either 8 GB or 16 GB also a name brand unit.

If this is a HDD on a USB adapter these are rather iffy to get to work.

FYI

Sorry, but I am confused as to what it is that is not working. You need to follow the instructions to use UniBeast. If you try to do something different and expect it it to work then you are in for disappointment.

Please use a USB flash drive for this process to improve your chances of the App working in the manner which I am sure you would like.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back