Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've searched through the forum, and haven't been able to find an answer to the issue I'm facing. While I've been able to put the components together (i5 2500K, Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, 4GB Corsair Vengeance, 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SDD), I'm unable to get a working Lion USB drive.

I downloaded Lion on my girlfriend's macbook, and followed the steps to partition an 8GB Kingston USB (although only 7.7GB appear available), then run Unibeast with the Lion App Store download in the Applications folder. I don't get an explicit error, but about 90% of the way through the progress bar, "Running package scripts", the installation hangs indefinitely.

As I've tried several iterations of this (both in the Applications folder, one in one out, etc), I'm wondering if the problem is the 7.7GB of available space on this USB key. I know the directions advise 8GB or larger, but not sure if that means writable space or general size of the key (seemed the Lion download was only ~4GB itself).

Appreciate any help you can offer to get me moving forward on this!

Hi

a 8gb usb is fine. im using a kingston datatraveler 100.

might be silly, but have you formatted the usb to 'masterboot record' ?

Yea, formatted everything in utility and followed the steps. Progress bar moves quickly through first 80-90% then gets stuck.

What is the requirement for at least an 8gb drive, does the unibeast install take up a full 8gb of space (eg if this drive only has 7.7gb available would that be the issue)?

my usb details show:
cap: 8.01
available: 3.26gb
used: 4.75gb.

so you should be fine wiht 7.7. it doesnt actually use full amount. I dont know why UB recommends 8gb.

Could it be write speed? i purposely brought a faster speed usb. for this reason. but i assume some users have been ok with standard write speeds usbs

Here is a visual demonstration by cpukid

Unibeast
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTFpveAKUqQ[/VIDEO]

Alternative Lion USB Stick
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E68QVFq4-c[/VIDEO]

Make sure you are not using the USB 3.0 ports ONLY the USB2.0 ports.

Follow directions to the T AND I.

bought another thumbdrive today and worked fine this time. Not sure what the issue was. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back