Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

nice work, and keep going.

Cela dit,, i've managed to install ML 10.8.3 on my HP/Compaq DC7900 3,16 from an usb thumb drive created by unibeast but with the -x flag and only that flag,
otherwise it boot with wait for system mapper error and freeze, either before or after installation.

so, i'm stuck at that point
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

SNC01459.jpg

Last week I looked for a free USB flash drive but all of the ones I own are in use. The latest download from Apple of Mountain Lion is a full version of 10.8.3 and I wanted to play with a fresh start on a different SSD. I have a number of class 10 16 gig SD cards that are not in use so I played with various SD card USB holders. One of them, the Kingston TravelLite SD/MMC Reader worked!

By that I mean I used Unibeast to make a start disk on a class 10 SD card, plugged it into the Gigabyte motherboard and restarted. The darned thing started off an SD card! I learned the trick when setting up Windows 8 using the Microsoft USB utility to load the OS onto a flash drive. (that also worked).

I installed ML 10.8.3 off the SD card then setup using Multibeast. Perfect install.

Long story short I can keep a library of OS's to install on SD cards! I have 6 different OSes and this is a breakthrough for me.
I ordered 2 more of these card reads from Amazon - just in case.

Funny thing, the TravelLite came with a Kingston SD deal.

OK, I can't find a solution for this as it looks like it's not a very common issue so sorry if not the correct section.

I'm stuck between step3 (unibeast ok) and 4 and can't get the installer to work on my ssd.

The installer from the usb gives me this message: (translation): installation on ML failed, can't install osx on the computer. The installer has detected an error. contact your software manufacturer. Restart the system and try again.

ud5h

thanks

I used one of the Buyer's Guide prescribed builds and all went well until 4. under step 4. It just hung at the Apple logo screen. I repeated the process and invoked the PCIRootUID=0 command at the boot screen and all went after that.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Just to comment about kext installed in my system (HP xw4600 Worksation)

1. Add VoodooHDA ver 0.2.73 for audio

2. Add BCM5722D for ethernet

3. Remove AppleHPET.kext for troubleshoot USB Keyboard & Mouse Issues. I had no mouse and keyboard detection, but after remove the kext everything works fine....

I Update in 10.8.3 with no issues at all. Just remember to remove the AppleHPET.kext again before restart.

Thanks a lot for your fine job :headbang:

hi,

I am a mackintosh noob and I was trying to get osx 10.8 ml to work on xw4600 too.

Is osx 10.8x mountain lion working 100% on your xw4600?

Did you do anything to the dsdt or ssdt?

Can you please do a mini-guide on how you setup osx ml 10.8x on your xw4600?

Thanks!

here's a link to my mackintosh project for xw4600 3

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/92353-guide-90-5-success-hp-xw4600-mountain-lion-10-8x-need-your-help-folks.html#post566082

Hey,
nice work !!
one question
Is there any way by which I can boot into osx mountain lion without actually installing it ?
Thanks in advance :)

One of the most frustrating steps is when I can't even install UniBeast on a USB drive because at step 2.17 I get an "The installation failed" error without any indication of why did it fail.

SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8G
USB 2.0

Console log:
4/23/13 9:39:38 AM Installer[620] <ZeroSliderSplitView: 0x10023f4f0>: the delegate <TargetSelectPage: 0x1002091d0> was sent -splitView:resizeSubviewsWithOldSize: and left the subview frames in an inconsistent state:
4/23/13 9:39:38 AM Installer[620] Split view bounds: {{0, 0}, {402, 104}}
4/23/13 9:39:38 AM Installer[620] Subview frame: {{0, 0}, {0, 32}}
4/23/13 9:39:38 AM Installer[620] Subview frame: {{0, 0}, {402, 104}}
4/23/13 9:39:38 AM Installer[620] The outer edges of the subview frames are supposed to line up with the split view's bounds' edges. NSSplitView is working around the problem, perhaps at the cost of more redrawing. (This message is only logged once per NSSplitView.)
4/23/13 9:39:51 AM Installer[620] The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I'm confused, I've got an OS X 10.8 disc, but underneath the iBoot download on the download page it says it's for 10.6 only. Does this mean I will still need to purchase a 10.6 disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back