Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H, EVGA 640, 8GB OF RAM i3 processor, yada,yada, yada. i completed the install ran multibeast, and selected the required selections. everything goes great until i reboot, now i only see an white screen. can anybody explain this? what am I missing or doing wrong?

I can not usasr two monitors in extended mac mountain lion hackintosh my video card is not working configured more
Model Group for Integrated Circuits: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x944a
Revision ID: 0x0000

hey everyone, i m new to this site and i want to install mac os on my hp probook 4540s..this site is really helpful. this is well-documented... i want to know if i can make my usb bootable on my pc following the whole process given here. thanks

Has anyone had any luck installing ML on a Lenovo Ideapad Y500 yet?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

check the graphic=no

Hello,

I am having some troubles during at the beginning of the installation....just after booting from USB.

1) UNIBEAST CREATION

2) BOOTING FROM USB

3) USB LED is illuminated

4) I do not understand why I have 3 options, the first one boots into windows 8 as well.

5) Here I see 4 options, all of them boots on windows 8, the selected one is for the installation of hackintosh

6) I have chosen the apple icon.

11) I can see that under the grey screen, under the apple icon there is no circle of booting

7) The LED of USB is not illuminated

- I have waited more than 20 minutes, nothing happens.

- I have tried on my 4 years old laptop and the USB boots properly the installation of Hackintosh, therefore I guess the USB- Unibeast is not the problem.

- Should I configure something else on the Mainboard??. I don't need RAID for my SSD.
I have AHCI Mode for SATA mode enabled.

Please let me know if you have any Ideas about what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

PS: original thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/95528-installation-fail.html#post584935

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I just got my build completed with Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 MOBO and a GTX680 graphics card. When I try to boot from my newly created Mountain Lion USB it goes to the Apple Icon for a just few seconds but then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I was very careful to create my USB per the instructions at Tonymac. I also chose only parts that were listed on Tonymac for a smooth build (or so I thought). I have also tried using different PCI slots and both DVI ports. Still nothing. Maybe there is a setting that I need to change in my bios (?) I changed sata to ACHI but that was the only setting I could find to work with. There is no 'Quick Boot' to change to "NO" as recommended that I can find in this bios.

I have tried all of the alternate commands like: -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No, etc. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and cannot move forward. I can't get past that disappearing Apple logo to install ML from my USB. Any ideas as I am about ready to throw in the towel.

I have the EXACT same motherboard and graphics card and have been experiencing the EXACT same problem. I have tried all the commands as well and have yet to find a solution. Did you ever succeed with installation?

If our DSDT firmware version is not listed, should the version above or below be selected? Or does the firmware need to be upgraded to match a known good DSDT?

Running Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R 1.25f4

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back