Contribute
Register

unibeast help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already tried resetting to defaults, for 4430s UFEI isn't suppose to be on right? i've tried both either way. Right now on the HDD is Windows 7. Is that the issue? This is frustrating. Here's a video of what i'm talking about.. Are my bios old or something, i really need os x for next week for school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJhcgn-deI&list=UUSc_SGD5mKDWYi0RjmjYdyQ

How big is the HDD? How many partitions?

Try erasing everything off the HDD (do a 'clean' from within diskpart in Windows).

lol so before i read your comment, for the past 3 hours i've been telling myself "it's probably windows" so i used gparted, switched her to HFS+ and yep.. boots up, i'll keep updated if anything goes wrong.

ok so i did everything seems to be working ok, however the trackpad seems weird, the pointer seems to jump a lot, any suggestions? Also i made my hdd into two partitions, one called mavericks, one called windows. If i wanted to install windows to the second partition is it as easy as just booting up windows 7 and installing it to that partition?

thanks again for the help.

ok so i did everything seems to be working ok, however the trackpad seems weird, the pointer seems to jump a lot, any suggestions? Also i made my hdd into two partitions, one called mavericks, one called windows. If i wanted to install windows to the second partition is it as easy as just booting up windows 7 and installing it to that partition?

thanks again for the help.

Are you booting from your HDD? If you used Unibeast3 you may need to do an EC reset. If you used Unibeast4, then try EC reset anyway.

Dual boot: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

ok thanks, 2 more questions. Is it possible to install Mavericks onto a desktop that has Windows 8 already on it, i'm guessing not since it's formatted in MBR. I have a customac mini, but i wiped lion off of it long ago and have since ran windows 8 for gaming, i have a ton of games on it and i'm hoping i wouldn't have to reinstall them all again haha. My other question is I see that you use a Lenovo U430 Touch, what's not working? I' think I'm going to buy one, looks like a sweet laptop, similar to the macbook air. I looked at the thread that you posted in mostly but I don't see a guide? The thread itself is a guide I suppose, but did somebody make an actual guide?

ok thanks, 2 more questions. Is it possible to install Mavericks onto a desktop that has Windows 8 already on it, i'm guessing not since it's formatted in MBR. I have a customac mini, but i wiped lion off of it long ago and have since ran windows 8 for gaming, i have a ton of games on it and i'm hoping i wouldn't have to reinstall them all again haha. My other question is I see that you use a Lenovo U430 Touch, what's not working? I' think I'm going to buy one, looks like a sweet laptop, similar to the macbook air. I looked at the thread that you posted in mostly but I don't see a guide? The thread itself is a guide I suppose, but did somebody make an actual guide?

Desktop questions are off-topic.

But in the case of a desktop, you can simply add an extra HDD to install OS X to. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

As for the Lenovo u430, you can read the thread here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/121632-lenovo-ideapad-u430-mavericks.html

Yes i saw that thread but i can't find the guide, i used the search and just keep saying people talking about you writing a guide. Do I have to read through all 29 pages lol..? Thanks again also

Yes i saw that thread but i can't find the guide, i used the search and just keep saying people talking about you writing a guide. Do I have to read through all 29 pages lol..? Thanks again also

You should probably read through it all. Someone along the way write a guide and posted it on his github account. If I were to find it for you, I'd have to read through the entire guide, but since you need the info, I'll let you do it.

well before i get started on this, i only want this laptop if it's fairly compatible.. for the most part does everything function? I'm starting school in September, i need a mac but I'm not forking out the money for one and this looks like a great alternative.

well before i get started on this, i only want this laptop if it's fairly compatible.. for the most part does everything function? I'm starting school in September, i need a mac but I'm not forking out the money for one and this looks like a great alternative.

I assume you're still talking about the Lenovo u430 (in the ProBook forum)... If you read the thread you will discover what the downsides/incompatibilities are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back